Customization Very Slow to Load

When I actually use the form and call the BAQ’s it only takes about 5 seconds for it to run thru the code and show my data.

Bahahah maybe I should have led with this question.That’s a bit excessive, why so many? Do you have a bunch of almost the same queries?

Lol, I take it that is bad… If you have them in a text box leave or click is it bad?

Those are queries attached to the dashboard definition?

I have a only a few that are the same. The reason I have so many is I wanted control of where I could place the grid. There are only three queries which are attached to the dashboard definition.

Well maybe try this to start. Remove all duplicate queries. Once you have a query, you can simple use a grid and copy the epibinding from the first one to view same results.

I didnt look to see if you are using EpiDataViews or not, but you should be. Also, fwiw, you could just use a BAQDataView, search for that, @josecgomez has some good info on it.

Okay, I can try that, but, I just want to say that this was running slow before I used all the dynamic queries during development. I really don’t think that is the issue. I feel like it started when I moved things around.

Oh I wish I was better at this coding…Okay I have to go to bed for the night! It’s almost midnight here in Kansas!

When you said 25 I thought you meant on the dash definition. If the dyn queries are only called when a certain button is clicked, then that shouldnt be the issue, but I did see at least one instance where the dyn query was driven by a different event. One last code thing to try, leave all of the stuff inside of Init\Destroy commented out, then comment out the entire rest of the code using:

/*
All
You 
Code 
Lines
*/

okay, I commented everything out and I am still getting the slow loading. I made a video of it loading this morning so you could see.DashboardCustomizationDelay2.mp4 (1.2 MB)

You never mentioned that exception you are getting. Has that always been occurring?

No, it is hit and miss. Do you think that is effecting it?

I don’t know if you could read it. Here is a screen shot.

Absolutely it’s a strong possibility. Has it EVER occurred with all of the custom code disabled?

Yes, it has and it is happening when it is all enabled as well. The only time I don’t get that error now is when I am in customization mode.
Very early on, when I made my first post about this, I wasn’t receiving that error. I have been adding more code so I was assuming it was something I added later that is causing it. I was thinking maybe a dictionary reference?

I think it’s an issue on the dashboard itself, not the code, judging by the method thats throwing. Some control you added got jacked (the most technical term that came to mind) in the designer. It happens sometimes, ESPECIALLY with heavy UI modification.

It is very difficult to diagnose unless you do a remote session with someone, or post the entire bundle “dashboard, baqs required, customization fully exported”.

1. I would check how many Publishers and Subscribers you have on the Dashboard.
  2. I would clear any accidental “Personalization” that may exist on that Customization
  3. I would go into Customization Mode then under Tools -> Custom XML… and look at the tabs see if you see any overwhelming things.
  4. Do you have any Row Rule Views
  5. How is the Dashboard performing in Dashboard Maintenance, do you have that many tabs in there as well?

Agreed, Custom XML is where you’ll find your issue i think, either a duplicate control name, or a duplicate guid

Okay I do have this all packaged up as a solution if I need to upload it somewhere.

In regards to your questions

1. I have 2 publishers in the base dashboard (Order Num and Order Line). I have 2 subscribers in the dashboard customization.
  2. No accidental personalization exists
  3. I have attached the XML. I don’t see anything weird but not sure what to look for. I don’t see any duplicate or missing controls.
  4. No row rules
  5. In dashboard maintenance everything runs very quickly and performs great.

@Chris_Conn I also completely removed any reference to the Dictionary and relaunched not in customization mode with no exception thrown. And, it was still slow to load.

DashboardXML.txt (1.4 MB)

I dont think the issue is in your dictionaries, but in the controls dictionary (as handled in GenerateCreateCustomTargetsStatementsForPreviousLayers)