With Great Sadness

Many of you have reached out to me hearing the rumor through the grapevine about Erik Johnson so I am posting this to confirm the horrible news. Erik has been one of the more recognized faces of the Development Organization at Epicor for 30years.

Unfortunately he passed away on Sunday evening. I know that this is very sudden and devastating and I pray his family gets the strength to deal with this loss. Erik will be always be remembered as an incredibly bright guy, full of humor and wit - and it’s going to take a while for all of us to adjust to his loss.

We will convey any details of services etc. when we get more information.

12 Likes

Thanks @Bart_Elia I am so sorry for your loss. Epicor as a whole and the community is an awesome place in grand part because of Erik.

I remember the first time I ran into him was somewhere in 2008 or 2009 at my first Perspectives. He was assigned to be my Epicor Handler on my first ever presentation. Erik was friendly and very approachable, since that time we spoke a few times a year (usually when I was bugging him about something) via email or twitter and I always saw him at Insights.

No matter how high in the corporate ladder Erik got, he was never too busy to lend and hand and in the short interactions I had with him he made a significant impact in my career and life. As @hkeric.wci put it to me a couple of days ago when we heard, the fact that we spent a grand total of 3 hours with Erik and we admired him so much speaks volumes of who he was, I can only imagine the impact that he had in Epicor and his co-workers over the ~30ish years he was in the industry.

He has been a great influence in this community too for many many years, although he was often quietly watching he was a member since the Yahoo days back in 2010 - 2011 (or perhaps even before then). Before you,@Edge, @aidacra or @Rich and many others, started participating actively Erik was here and he was always an advocate for the customer and the community.

Not all heroes wear a cape and he was certainly my first Epicor Hero. There are many more now, but I will always remember him fondly.

Thanks for everything you did for us @erikj, you will be sorely missed!

14 Likes

Rest in Peace Legend, gone but not forgotten. I always said, in totality we the community have only been graced with probably 90 minutes of reading material (I can put all of the content into a essay), yet we have always felt a connection with him, he was very humble and respectful, always willing to help even if it meant breaking some rules for the greater good.

He will definitely, be missed. Thank you for everything @erikj <3

6 Likes

I couldn’t agree more with Jose! He was a genuinely good and kind person who also happened to be incredibly smart and talented. My deepest sympathies to his family and everyone at Epicor.

6 Likes

Condolences to his colleagues, friends and family. :frowning:

5 Likes

What a sad news. Erik was a great guy and it is a great loss for the Epicor community. On behalve of Platinum Europe, I am sending our condolences to his colleagues, friends and family. :cry:

6 Likes

I am in shock. What a very great loss. My heart is breaking for his family and friends and co-workers. Thoughts and prayers :pray: for everyone who’s life was touched by @erikj.

4 Likes

Wow, very sad, Erik was amazing, he really seemed to understand what the Epicor customers wanted and continued to push for a better system. I am glad he was able to complete the the E10 SQL migration as that was a long and hard project that really made the product so much better.

5 Likes

Sad news, my thoughts to his family as well.

3 Likes

Erik’s Obituary

3 Likes

Truly a sad day, a real loss to his Family and the Epicor community. Makes me really sit back and reflect. 55 is way too young… My sincerest sympathy goes out to his family and friends.

3 Likes

Yes. Way too young. (I was born three days after Erik.)

3 Likes

So sad to hear this. Prayers to his family, friends and co-workers. He will be truly missed.

:frowning:
Carol

1 Like