Unable to load Memo through DMT

I always get an error when I try to load a new memo through the DMT - error message is: 2018-03-28T09:59:51 Part 05001 Unrecognized Guid format.

Right now I have to manually enter all memos, which can be a pain when I have a large amount to do. This is the template I am using. I have all required fields. I cant figure it out…

Company RelatedToSchemaName RelatedToFile Key1 Key2 Key3 MemoDate MemoDesc MemoText CategoryID RelatedToSysRowID

Can you show what your guid looks like in your data?

Dear Katie,

Have you tried having DMT make its minimal template, and trying to upload using just that first, then adding your fields one by one until the DMT load no longer works?

Sometimes DMT lies about its minimal list of fields, but it’s easy to find out because it will error-out saying such-and-such field does not exist when you try and load it.

Sometimes DMT gives you an error message that hints at the real issue, rather than nailing what the real issue is.

Good luck
…Monty.

I looked at the DMT template builder again. I think it has to do with
RelatedToSysRowID Guid RelatedToSysRowID

With other loads you can just leave fields like this blank and it auto fills in. Same with Date/time, user, etc. I guess if this is required data then I defiantly cant do a load. I just think it’s weird because everywhere else you can leave it blank.

I went back and included every column from the template builder. Still errors.

Let’s try Monty’s suggestion and only put in what’s required.

That didn’t work either. I’ll try asking Epicor support as well. If it truly doesn’t work I need some kind of work around to create mass memos on parts instead of opening each part and creating a memo. I thought maybe I could do an ongoing UD note field, but then remembered we have problems with those (field says it can hold X number of characters, yet gives error that a note exceeds max length. I believe we were told it might be fixed in a later release).

So I tried making a memo DMT upload for part and it worked perfectly.
What I did was only use the required columns, which are below:

For the RelatedToSysRowID, this will be the part record you are trying to attached it to. I’d query the database for these

You can definitely add the other columns you need too…

Hi Aaron,

I’m having the same issues as KDavis but my Memo DMT is for JobHead and it will not load.
I followed your lead and stripped everything away but it continues to give me the error: Column ‘BOName’ does not belong to table Memo.
I am not using BOName as a column. I have double checked my RelatedToSysRowID value and it is the SysRowID for the JobHead record I am trying to associate the memo with.

I have been trying all sorts of combinations all day. Do you have any further suggestions for me?

Thanks,
Karen

1 Like

Hey Karen

What columns do you currently have in your template?

Hi Aaron,
My current template contains:
Company, RelatedToSchemaName, RelatedToFile, Key1, Key2, Key3, MemoDate, RelatedToSysRowID, MemoDesc, MemoText.
This is almost exactly the same template as yours except I added MemoDesc and MemoText which contains the information that the memo must capture.
I did do a test with the same template you used above, but I still got the same error:
Column ‘BOName’ does not belong to table Memo.
I have attached the error file of the DMT test with only the columns that you had in your template.
DMT Memo TEST 8.xls.Errors.txt (1.3 KB)
Thanks Aaron,
Karen

Hmm. Is there by chance a bad column hidden somewhere? Like if you create a brand new DMT template from a new excel workbook, does that still happen?

Hi Aaron,
I did two templates from scratch; one is .xls and the other is .csv
Unfortunately they both failed but with slightly different error messages.
When the .xls template failed, it’s full message was:
2019-08-22T10:33:12 Company:200, RelatedToFile:JobHead, Key1: FCI-0833675, Key2: and Key3: Column ‘BOName’ does not belong to table Sheet1.
Column ‘BOName’ does not belong to table Sheet1.
at System.Data.DataRow.GetDataColumn(String columnName)
at System.Data.DataRow.get_Item(String columnName)
at Epicor.DMT.Lib.MemoImporter.GetSysRowId(DataRow sourceRow)
at Epicor.DMT.Lib.MemoImporter.AddNewRow(MemoImpl bo, MemoDataSet memoDS, DataRow sourceRow, ExtendedBackgroundWorker worker, Int32 currentRowNumber, Int32 memoNum, DateTime memoDate)
at Epicor.DMT.Lib.MemoImporter.Import(ImportData data, ExtendedBackgroundWorker worker)

Whereas the full error message for the .csv file was:
2019-08-22T10:36:04 Company:200, RelatedToFile:JobHead, Key1: FCI-0833675, Key2: and Key3: Column ‘BOName’ does not belong to table .
Column ‘BOName’ does not belong to table .
at System.Data.DataRow.GetDataColumn(String columnName)
at System.Data.DataRow.get_Item(String columnName)
at Epicor.DMT.Lib.MemoImporter.GetSysRowId(DataRow sourceRow)
at Epicor.DMT.Lib.MemoImporter.AddNewRow(MemoImpl bo, MemoDataSet memoDS, DataRow sourceRow, ExtendedBackgroundWorker worker, Int32 currentRowNumber, Int32 memoNum, DateTime memoDate)
at Epicor.DMT.Lib.MemoImporter.Import(ImportData data, ExtendedBackgroundWorker worker)

I’ve tried a lot of combinations and different file extensions but none have worked so far.
Karen

Gosh, I am out of ideas. It looks like JobHead is spelled correctly, which I was maybe wondering if it’s expecting something like “JobHed” instead, but doubtful.
I don’t have that part of the system licensed so I can’t test myself.

And you definitely have “RelatedToSchemaName” column into your data and put “Erp” in there? I have seen that DMT can be picky sometimes with column placement, and I’m wondering if the columns aren’t in the “right” order, it can’t lookup the right table.

In your error, it looks like it’s seeing Company, RelatedToFile, Key1-Key3 but no reference to RelatedToSchemaName. If that column is the second column, it might use that info to filter where it looks for the BO

This is the format I’ve used to add Part Memos.

Company
RelatedToSchemaName
RelatedToFile
MemoDate
Key1
Key2
Key3
MemoText
CategoryID
RelatedToSysRowID
MemoDesc

Try looking into Memo Category Maintenance and make sure that your Category ID is under the correct file. I’ve had that issue before. I was trying to use a CategoryID that was there for a different file and not “Part”.

Also, it isn’t supposed to matter, but the order in which you have your columns can sometimes make a difference. That’s a little quirk that drives me a little nuts too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I attached my template, if that helps

Part Memo DMT Template.xlsx (8.5 KB)

Finally found success… here’s my template that worked to load a Memo via DMT for the JobHead table:
DMT Memo template.xlsx (7.8 KB)

1 Like

Hi guys,

I’m trying to load memos to sales orders, but get an error of “Unable to call method ERP.BO.Order.GetRows()”

I added the two undocumented columns of BOName and Key1ColumnName (sort-of, it’s in the Required pop-up, but not on the templates, see KB0053316, yet it doesn’t show up when I do a BAQ showing the Memo table contents).

What did I goof up? Is BOName or Key1ColumnName supposed to be something else?

Neither show up in a BAQ of the memo table, so I’m not sure what to go on. They also don’t show up in the DMT Template Builder (but do in the Required Pop-Up box). See KB0053316 for this from 7 months ago… Maybe they’ll fix this in DMT eventually…

Thanks!

Are you sure your bo name is right?

Aaron - Not at all :slight_smile: The KB article mentioned the Customer memo’s used Customer as the BO Name, so I figured Order memos would have Order. Just got a response from Epicor, and the BOName is SalesOrder. Suppose I should have checked my BPM’s for that first!

EpiCare: “In the Memo import in specific, this column does not show up in the template builder as it is not part of the Epicor business object and you should add it manually.”

1 Like