Trying to use the executive query in 10.2.100.14 it doesn't work. Error - Unable to build cube

I have done many Executive queries in Vantage 8.03 and E9 with no issues.
With the new capabilities in E10 with subqueries I haven’t found a need for them.

Now I would like do some trending by collecting snapshots of data.
With a very complex BAQ, the results of the executive query - not able to build the cube.
When I put a very basic query together - PartCost table with 20 records, it still failed.
I can see that the system cubes are running fine.

Anyone having good luck with Executive Queries?

The system monitor in history states “complete” for status, but when I look at the detail tab, I get this error
"Unable to build cube: Simple: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Ice.Internal.Task.SysCubeTask.getBaqResultColumn(SysCubeParam sysCubeParam, String columnName) in C:_Releases\ICE\3.2.100.0\Source\Server\Internal\Task\SysCubeTask\SysCubeTask.cs:line 433
at Ice.Internal.Task.SysCubeTask.processSysCubeParamRow(IceContext context, DataRow row, SysCubeParam sysCubeParam, String currCompany, String currUser) in C:_Releases\ICE\3.2.100.0\Source\Server\Internal\Task\SysCubeTask\SysCubeTask.cs:line 381
at Ice.Internal.Task.SysCubeTask.processOneSysCubeParamRow(DataRow row, SysCubeParam sysCubeParam, String currCompany, String currUser) in C:_Releases\ICE\3.2.100.0\Source\Server\Internal\Task\SysCubeTask\SysCubeTask.cs:line 366
at Ice.Internal.Task.SysCubeTask.buildCube(String currCompany, String currUser) in C:_Releases\ICE\3.2.100.0\Source\Server\Internal\Task\SysCubeTask\SysCubeTask.cs:line 311"

There’s a bug in 10.2 and you need to include dimension 2. It fails to create a needed record on a new executive query if you don’t have the second dimension.

1 Like

The query that I am doing for the test is

PartCost joined to Part
Display Part, ClassID, CostId, AvgMaterialCost

Executive Query
Dimension1 - Part
Dimension2 - ClassID
Decimal 1 - AvgMaterialCost
Have tried several combinations.

I also tried using a system BAQ

Still getting the error above.

Other ideas?
Good news - did a similar query in 10.2.300 and it works.

Bad news we just upgraded to 10.2.100 a few months ago
So i will see if there is a patch to make this work.