Time and Expense Entry Vacation to Payroll

Bobby,

We don't enter PTO time in Time and Expense Entry. HR finds it easier to balance payroll against labor knowing the difference will be PTO time. We have a dashboard that lists payroll hours vs labor hours for "time slip" employees which helps find both shift times that weren't changed and missing time slip entries. We only enter time for office employees and salaried employes in the payroll module, not in the time and expense module. That is when we also add the PTO hours for time slip employees into payroll.

Sue

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <ralmon@...> wrote:

Did you ever get this resovlved?  I have the same problem, someone takes a PTO day or sick day and their time is listed as regular time that gets counted in the overtime for the week, unless I go into each record an manually change the Pay type.  I can't seem to find any fields to set or change regarding the pay type in labor entry. I would really rather set this in Time and expense entry rather then payroll check entry.

-Bobby

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <snielsen.hipco@...> wrote:

In Vantage (I'm assuming it's the same in Epicor 9) we have to enter the PTO time in payroll check entry in order for the payroll PTO balance to be correct. We can't bring it over from labor entry as PTO, it just comes over as regular pay. I suppose you could modify the regular pay, subtracting vacation hours and then add back in the vacations hours as the correct pay type. We know when we are balancing that labor hours will be different from payroll hours by the number of PTO hours.

Sue

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "randy.hunter75" wrote:
>
> We're having employees enter their time int to time and expense entry. How do we get vaction time to come over as that pay type when checks are generated?
>
We're having employees enter their time int to time and expense entry. How do we get vaction time to come over as that pay type when checks are generated?
In Vantage (I'm assuming it's the same in Epicor 9) we have to enter the PTO time in payroll check entry in order for the payroll PTO balance to be correct. We can't bring it over from labor entry as PTO, it just comes over as regular pay. I suppose you could modify the regular pay, subtracting vacation hours and then add back in the vacations hours as the correct pay type. We know when we are balancing that labor hours will be different from payroll hours by the number of PTO hours.

Sue

>
> We're having employees enter their time int to time and expense entry. How do we get vaction time to come over as that pay type when checks are generated?
>

Did you ever get this resovlved?  I have the same problem, someone takes a PTO day or sick day and their time is listed as regular time that gets counted in the overtime for the week, unless I go into each record an manually change the Pay type.  I can't seem to find any fields to set or change regarding the pay type in labor entry. I would really rather set this in Time and expense entry rather then payroll check entry.

-Bobby

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <snielsen.hipco@...> wrote:

Sue

>
>