That new upgrade smell

Site is back, has been upgraded (new docker) from V10 to V17 BIG JUMP! Discourse was mostly up to do date so no change there but that big jump in docker should be nice for stability and security.
Some stats for the curious mind…

In the last 30 days…

We’ve sent 844K emails :crazy_face:
Created 309 new topics
1.8K Individual responses
Added 95 new users
Solved (Marked as Solved) 83 topics/questions
271K Pageviews

9 Likes

83 \ 309 topics marked solved. Pity - I know the ratio is much better than that.

2 Likes

Yeah people don’t hit the checkbox ?

-Jose

1 Like

Nope - they take their beautiful answer and run off :disappointed_relieved:

How many topics in this cat though? They probably skew it

Jose,
Curious here, where are you hosting the docker image. You can contact me offline if you don’t what to disclose publicly.

Basically I am looking at a Discourse conversion and looking at hosting options.

Cheers

We host with Digital Ocean

Unique page views?

@Bart_Elia
56,152 Unique Page views for the month of September.

2 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Can you run Epicor client using a docker image?

That’s a lot of email… Well, if I’m being honest I don’t really do anything with the emails that are sent as I am logged into the site all the time anyways–google/duckduckgo/bing search for topics + the site name is how I find previous posts(the built-in search is a little wonky :confused: sorry)-- so unchecked all of the email options on my profile and the total sent next month should be 500 fewer :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks @aidacra
Yeah built in search has it’s quirks… still miles better than it was lol I’ve suggested enhancements to it over in the meta.discourse side but they are slow on the uptake.
Pagination would be nice… There is now an “Advanced Search UI” which can be accessed via the options link which I’m sure you’ve seen
http://jcg.pictures/gdgeLhe7ieZlU.png

Though it is still not optimal.

Besides search though, there is a wide range of plugins we can install if we think they are useful, feel free to browse the list and suggest some if you find any you like

2 Likes

@aidacra starting a trend. I’ve now lowered my email settings to once a week if I am not active.

The Advanced Search is definitely much better than the default search was a year ago and thank you for all the energy spent on improving it over that time–we all appreciate the efforts you mods put forth so the rest of us can have this wonderful full-time Epicor user community/part-time meme board.

4 Likes

#Triggered

Oh no you triggered him… ? :scream:LoL

-Jose

1 Like

I think I’ve gone back and marked all of my Q now that did not have solutions properly checked before - Sorry for being one of the people skewing the metrics. Is there an easy way to review any topics I may not have marked solved?

Thanks

Thank you to Jose and the rest of the E10Help team for the hard work you guys put into this site.

4 Likes

Yes, this is SO invaluable! It’s always my FIRST go-to when I run into issues or have questions. And we always preach it at our MI/IN EUG meetings too! (Just did so on Tuesday…) Thank you guys for creating this site and all that you do to keep it maintained and running strong! :slight_smile:

3 Likes