Test upgrade

(William) #1

I believe this is possible, I just don’t know how or where to find the documentation. I am wanting to test out upgrades before I push them out. Is there documentation on how to do this?

(Jose C Gomez) #2

E10?
Just upgrade your test app server and not your pilot… Only thing is it requires different clients (Physically) otherwise you’ll be updating the client back and fourth all day

(William) #3

Sorry, we have E10 now, but thinking ahead for 10.2.

(Jose C Gomez) #4

AH 10.2 is a “MAJOR” release which means’ you’ll have a whole new deployment / app server etc you can do all that without affecting your production at all.

(William) #5

Gotcha, so I can just install it, and I can be the only one using it until it works correctly, correct?

(Jose C Gomez) #6

yeah

(William) #7

How crazy do you think it will be to go from 10.1.400.29 to 10.2?

(Jose C Gomez) #8

Not crazy at all just test test test test :slight_smile:
Also I would recommend you wait till the 2nd or 3rd biweekly release of 10.2 to go live

(Brandon Anderson) #9

Has anyone seen a schedule on locally hosted version of 10.2 release?

(William) #10

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. For us, we have purposely kept our system with minimal customization. So, I’m hoping that makes it much easier. I’m a little interested in the Epicor Data Analytics piece, but can’t find info on it yet.

(William) #11

I was told the end of November it should be coming out, after the cloud.

(Bart Elia) #12

If I said When it’s ready would you throw things at me?

(Mark Wonsil) #13

(Bart Elia) #14

Don’t make me pull over…

(Jose C Gomez) #15

A post was split to a new topic: Eda

(Jonathan Lang) #16

And everything is working in 10.3!! Right out of the gate, dreams will come true. 10.3 is the answer to all of our fears and troubles.

DrMcCoyMeme

(Mark Wonsil) #17