Task Set flow - how to assign users to each individual task

Hello,

I’ve created a CRM task set for Opportunity/Quote Entry to track the quote from sales inquiry to engineering release. There is a unique role to each step, but I am having difficulty having the task sent to the next user responsible for that step. From what we’ve tested, when the first task is completed, the next task defaults to the primary salesperson for that customer. They or an authorized user can change the task’s responsible party, but what we would like is to have that already set up in CRM/task set, so when a task is completed, it should proceed to the next task and assign it to the person responsible for that task. Is there a way to do this in E10?

Thanks in advance.

Hello, checking in to see if anyone could provide some feedback on this issue. Thank you.

This is actually gone through pretty thoroughly in the Education courses, I’m not sure how fully it’s described in the System Help but that would be your best place to start.

Thank you Ernie. I created a workflow group and associated it with the task set I created but it still seems to be doing the same thing. I see a drop down menu for “approvers” under each task in the workflow group maintenance module but it’s not populated with anything. I’ve added 5 group members with the role code associated with the task, but I’m still getting the same thing - when the primary salesperson completes the first task, it auto-defaults back to them, and the other group members are unable to complete the next task in the sequence.

When the user completes the task, dont they have a dropdown to choose who it is assigned to next?

Hi Chris,

Yes they do. However, when they check box “complete”, select the next person in the “assigned to” responsible for that task and hits “update”, it disregards their selection and goes back to themselves as “assigned to”, and then they have to select “assigned to” again, and hit update, to make it actually stick. What would be ideal is have it move to the next person they assign it to without having to go back into the quote. Is there a way to do that?

I believe this has something to do with how the territories are set up in our company. It seems the territory designation overrides the workflow, as the subsequent task in that quote defaults to the primary salesperson for that territory. I tried assigning the task set in question to the territory I’m testing and set up a workflow group with that task set, but the “assigned to” in the quote entry->tasks->details screen continues to be overridden with the primary salesperson for that territory. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

Instead of creating a new thread, was there a solution to this? i know its over a year old. i am trying to use the task for our quoting process but the customer salesperson attached to the customer is the person that every task is assigned to even though i have different people in the workforces attached to the different roles. Is there something i am missing or was this bug never fixed?

FYI for anyone in the future. The person in the role for that task has to be added under the territory sales person with the role code for the task. If the role for the task does not exist in the territory then the customers default rep will be the default person the task is assigned to.

1 Like

We upgraded from 10.2.200.28 to 10.2.500.19 this week and are into a similar issue for Case tasks. It seems to be ignoring the workflow group definition now and assign any “Salesperson” role task to the Customer’s salesperson workforce. I tried adding the “correct” workforce into the territory (with right role) as Jose proposed, but no change. We also had a data-directive erp.Task.Update BPM that was re-assigning the task in some special occasions but Epicor seems to be overriding whoever the BPM tries to choose (In-Pro or Std).

Since this topic is a bit old, anyone has any feedback?

thanks,

Hi Martin,

So you have the role in the workforce screen with the correct role? Can you send some screenshots of your setup? task setup, workforce setup etc.

Thanks for responding. Please let me know if missing anything. Im not sure how confidential the data is so I tried hiding what doesnt seem relevant.

Where re your task setup? everything looks good on the screenshots

Sorry for delay. Here it is

FYI, PRB0225701 - this issue has been accepted as a bug in the application and they have created the bug number ERPS-109388 for this situation. They have targeted it to be fixed in a future release of Epicor 10, but they haven’t determined on which service pack.