Setting a numeric bound text box not to show 0

customization

(Simon Hall) #1

Just wondering how one would go about setting the value of a text box bound to a numeric field to not show the 0 when adding a new record on a UD form?

Users struggle to either double click to select the whole field or delete the 0 when entering in data :slight_smile:

(Aaron Willett) #2

I think the last time this came up, the suggestion was to make it a text field and cast the data to a number when needed.

(Daryl Hewison) #3

https://e10help.com/t/remove-0-from-numeric-fields/50689

(Simon Hall) #4

Thanks Aaron, I was thinking of that, and hoping there was a bit cleaner of a method. I was sort of hoping it would have been ok after the get new, then change the textbox.value to “”

(Simon Hall) #5

Why is it I can never find these things when I am looknig… Thanks.

(Daryl Hewison) #6

It took me a couple of goes, but I knew for a fact it was there somewhere in this case, because I remembered reading it! That always helps.

Notice the current live discussion on “Null value within Quantity fields”, which seems like it’s close to what you’re wanting to do, too.

"Simple Solutions" Category
(Randy Stulce) #7

Hint: Google search is sometimes better at finding a post here than the on-site help. That’s no shade on the team here at E10Help just the power of the Google.

(Calvin Krusen) #8

Adding site:epiusers.help to the google search will limit Google’s results to this domain.

I use this on lots of sites. Especially “poor” ones (like sites ending with .gov and .edu :wink: )

(Randy Stulce) #9

Yeah, forgot to mention that, that’s what I get for assuming everyone already knew that. :wink: Thanks @ckrusen