SCALE Servers and EPICOR Environment

Hi Everyone,
Is anyone running EPICOR on SCALE Servers? This is a Hyperconvergence Virtual Environment.
I was wondering what your experience has been.

Thank you,
Abiel

Hi Abiel

Did you proceed with a Hyperconverged Environment? I am looking at doing the same with HP Simplivity. Not getting much feedback from Epicor direct.

Any advice on this from anyone on this forum would be appreciated. (On E9)

Matt

@Matthew_Lawless
Just putting in my 2 cents here, but I’m sure I just saying what a lot of people are thinking. I am curious as to why you would want to scaling stuff out when we all know there are substantial performance improvements to be had going to 10. Not to mention additonal features…yada yada yada.

I am sure you have legitimate business reasons, but I am curious.

Hi Simon, Current server hardware/software is end of life/unsupported. E10 upgrade expense has been postponed (indefinitely) due to cash/resource availability. Hyper converged system has been proposed buy our msp as the replacement.

I too was curious but I see you posting. Would be interesting to see the cost comparison along side ROI savings and feature enhancements. I know all “soft” cost verses “hard” cost, but so much to be gained with the new versions IMO. Do you have a lot of customization to work with? Have you evaluated Epicor’s upgrade services to get you to the latest version? Again, just throwing ideas out there.