Programmatically add text to EpiTextBox

Thanks, Joe.  It works great. 

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

J  I would determine the dataView that the field is bound to, then use the wizard to create an EpiNotification.  This will put the correct declarations in the script to get at the dataView you care about.  Then, I would just replace the line you have that modifies the text property with something like edvTheDataViewName.dataView[edvTheDataViewName.Row][“TheFieldNameThatYourControlIsBoundTo”] = “The Text you assigned to the textbox”.

I’m on 905.607A so, if this doesn’t work, maybe an gen 8 can give some advice.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of mmahrle@...
Sent: Monday, October 07, 2013 3:45 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: RE: [Vantage] programmatically add text to EpiTextBox

Hi, Joe,

Thanks for the remarkably quick response.  Any quick tips on getting to the temp table to modify the field? 

Keyed in text is stored in the temp table.  Whenever you’re dealing with a field that’s bound to a dataset, it’s best to modify the data instead of the control that displays the data.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of mmahrle@...
Sent: Monday, October 07, 2013 3:18 PM
Subject: [Vantage] programmatically add text to EpiTextBox

I have added some customization to add some text to the Shipping Comments on the Customer Shipment Entry>Lines>Customer Shipment Entry>Comments>Shipping tab when a custom button is clicked.  The textbox automatically gets populated with text from the sales order line shipping comments.  You can type into the textbox any additional info you want.  However, if the programmatically added text is the last thing in the textbox, it disappears when you hit the "Duplicate" button.  If you add any typed-in info after the programmatically added text, it duplicates fine and remains in the shipping comment text box. So, my question is, what is different about text that is keyed into the textbox vs. code that is added to the textbox.text property by the code?

I have added some customization to add some text to the Shipping Comments on the Customer Shipment Entry>Lines>Customer Shipment Entry>Comments>Shipping tab when a custom button is clicked.  The textbox automatically gets populated with text from the sales order line shipping comments.  You can type into the textbox any additional info you want.  However, if the programmatically added text is the last thing in the textbox, it disappears when you hit the "Duplicate" button.  If you add any typed-in info after the programmatically added text, it duplicates fine and remains in the shipping comment text box. So, my question is, what is different about text that is keyed into the textbox vs. code that is added to the textbox.text property by the code?

Keyed in text is stored in the temp table.  Whenever you’re dealing with a field that’s bound to a dataset, it’s best to modify the data instead of the control that displays the data.

Hi, Joe,

Thanks for the remarkably quick response.  Any quick tips on getting to the temp table to modify the field? 

BTW, I'm on Vantage 8.03 

J  I would determine the dataView that the field is bound to, then use the wizard to create an EpiNotification.  This will put the correct declarations in the script to get at the dataView you care about.  Then, I would just replace the line you have that modifies the text property with something like edvTheDataViewName.dataView[edvTheDataViewName.Row][“TheFieldNameThatYourControlIsBoundTo”] = “The Text you assigned to the textbox”.

I’m on 905.607A so, if this doesn’t work, maybe an gen 8 can give some advice.

Sent: Monday, October 07, 2013 3:45 PM
Subject: RE: RE: [Vantage] programmatically add text to EpiTextBox

Hi, Joe,