Users would like to do the following:
- Print Preview a report, say Order Ack
- Review data on report
- Click the customer email address in report
- System automatically opens Outlook, fills in “to” based on what was clicked, attaches PDF to email
Any suggestions on how to clean up this process? Currently they:
- Preview Report
- Copy email address, open outlook, create email, paste address
- Save previewed report as PDF on desktop
- Go back to email, add as attachment, send
- Delete desktop pdf
We’ve tried previewing in Edge, but no clickability on the email address. Adobe Acrobat seems slightly better, but still not streamlined (unless we are missing something).
We would use the email feature right in Epicor’s print window, but the “from” address is not customizable and always sends out from a generic corporate email address instead of the employee’s.