Primary Contact checkbox in Vendor Contact

That worked.  I joined Vendor and VendCnt tables where Vendor.PrimPCon is equal to VendCnt.ConNum and it gave just the contacts I need.  Thank you.
I am trying to create a report on Vendor Contacts and I need to know which one is the primary contact.  The Primary Contact field does not exist in the VendCnt table and I couldn't find it anywhere else.  Can someone point me to the right direction?  Thank you.

I'm not sure but don't think the check box exists as a field... I think the Vendor table is updated with the ID of the Primary contact as it means the table can only hold one primary. 

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

I am trying to create a report on Vendor Contacts and I need to know which one is the primary contact.  The Primary Contact field does not exist in the VendCnt table and I couldn't find it anywhere else.  Can someone point me to the right direction?  Thank you.

tracy.tmat is correct. The vendor table has a field named "primpcon" which hold the contact number for the primary contact. This links to the vendcnt table using vendornum and connum key fields. Hope this helps. 

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <tracy.smith@...> wrote:

I'm not sure but don't think the check box exists as a field... I think the Vendor table is updated with the ID of the Primary contact as it means the table can only hold one primary. 

That is correct. In the Vendor table there is a field PrimPCon, which holds the (integer) value of VendCnt.ConNum  where the Primary box has been checked. I understand their logic in doing it this way, but it really is a mess to try and do anything with.

Ernie Lowell

Diba Industries