PO created with wrong Ship To address

Hello everyone.

I am relatively new to using Vantage, having been thrown into it with less than a week of knowledge transfer - so please forgive me if it seems like I don’t know the obvious.

My problem is this: When a PO is created using the Purchase Order Entry screen, the PO always has the Ship To set to the address of the main plant, even if the user changed plants by clicking on the plant selection at the bottom of the main Vantage screen.

Is there any way to get the POs to be generated with the Ship To address set to the user’s currently selected plant?

I was hoping that the creation of the PO involved some sort of call to a database view or stored procedure, but that does not seem to be case - the details of how the Ship To address is set seem to be hidden in the bowels of Vantage.

This is proving to be a problem for our company as it means that our staff has to add extra procedures to ensure that PO generated at remote plants don’t end up shipping to the head office.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I believe that when the PO is created it uses the Company address rather than a specific Plant address. I think the best way would be to create a BPM that checks if the Ship To information is the same as the Plant information and then either automatically updates the fields or just raises an informational message.

Go to the Header tab (when you open Purchase Order Entry, you’re on the Summary tab, Header tab is next over to the right). In that space you can specify the ship-to address. Don’t remember what options it might give you except an area to type in a different Ship To address.

Thank you, Ernie.

However, it is this need to manually correct the Ship To address that I am trying resolve. I was looking for a way to have the system automatically correct the address. I will investigate tmat’s suggest of a BPM.

Thank you, Tracy.

I will try your suggestion. I may be back… asking about BPMs.

1 Like