Modified RDD without print preview

The answer I got from Epicor was to navigate to the report folder on the server, print the new style, watch for the xml and copy it as soon as it appears. I did that and was able to use the copied xml file in Crystal Reports. When printing payroll checks, the xml files are deleted as soon as the checks are printed for security reasons. That makes sense. Thanks Scott and Terry, I appreciate your replies!

Sue

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <jwagner@...> wrote:

I agree you need to print it, using PDF or the Windows XPS Document printer.

Also, remember that the check print xml file doesn't usually stay in the directory very long. So you will want to grab it and copy it to another location/filename.

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <scott.litzau@...> wrote:

Print it to PDF and then you are not wasting paper and still get the XML

Scott

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Terry M. Hall
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2013 11:52 AM
To: 'vantage@yahoogroups.com'
Subject: RE: [Vantage] Modified RDD without print preview

Hi,

I believe the only way to do this is to physical print the checks from a testing environment and use the created test dataset for crystal. That’s what I did.     

Terrance M. Hall

Technical Support Supervisor

A.Y. McDonald Mfg. Co.

Dubuque, IA 52002

thall@...

563-583-7311 ext. 5247

A.Y. McDonald - A Family Company for Five Generations

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of snielsen.hipco@...
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2013 11:08 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Modified RDD without print preview

I submitted a support call to Epicor with this question, but thought maybe someone here knew the answer. I need to use a modified report data definition to add some fields for payroll checks (Epicor 9.05.701, Progress). Normally you create the modified RDD, create a new report style using the modified RDD, print preview the report, bring up the report in Crystal, set a new datasource, point it to the xml created in the print preview and your new fields show up available for use. Payroll checks don't have a print preview option. How do I make the new dataset available to Crystal?

I submitted a support call to Epicor with this question, but thought maybe someone here knew the answer. I need to use a modified report data definition to add some fields for payroll checks (Epicor 9.05.701, Progress). Normally you create the modified RDD, create a new report style using the modified RDD, print preview the report, bring up the report in Crystal, set a new datasource, point it to the xml created in the print preview and your new fields show up available for use. Payroll checks don't have a print preview option. How do I make the new dataset available to Crystal?

Hi,

I believe the only way to do this is to physical print the checks from a testing environment and use the created test dataset for crystal. That’s what I did.     

Terrance M. Hall

A.Y. McDonald Mfg. Co.

Dubuque, IA 52002

thall@...

563-583-7311 ext. 5247

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of snielsen.hipco@...

Scott

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Terry M. Hall

Hi,

Terrance M. Hall

A.Y. McDonald Mfg. Co.

Dubuque, IA 52002

thall@...

563-583-7311 ext. 5247

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

I agree you need to print it, using PDF or the Windows XPS Document printer.

Also, remember that the check print xml file doesn't usually stay in the directory very long. So you will want to grab it and copy it to another location/filename.

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <scott.litzau@...> wrote:

Scott

Hi,

Terrance M. Hall

A.Y. McDonald Mfg. Co.

Dubuque, IA 52002

thall@...

563-583-7311 ext. 5247

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: