Mass Issue to Job - Partial issues

Good Morning,

A Production manager called my attention to behavior in Mass Issue that I had not see before. He did Mass issue on a job that had a production of 10 , inputting to only Mass issue for 2 to start (per screenshot). This worked fine. Then the next day he went to issue 3 more and it will not do it. No more partial issues. It leaves zeroes in the Quantity Issued grid. It will only allow him to Mass issue the remaining full 7, then it completes the Quantity Issued. I told him to take down the job prod qty to 5 temporarily, if he really wants to partial issue. I toyed with teaching him how to take it to Excel, input what he wanted and past update, but that feels ripe for error. Any thoughts on this out there?

thanks
Nancy

I believe you can edit the issued Qty’s on the grid that shows after clicking Issue.

You have to do the math by hand, for each material line.

I’ve never liked the Mass Issue program (yet we use it almost exclusively). The UI wonky. Originally, it would look like the issue didn’t happen, so we’d run it again - netting in a double issue. It has to do with how the info presented depends on the radio buttons.

1 Like

Yeah, we can edit them after, but that sorta defeats the purpose of the Mass Issue. I don’t love the program either but when issuing 50 parts of varying quantities from varying bins to a job, it really becomes a necessity… unless we ever did backflushing but that’s for another day. :slight_smile:

1 Like

After doing the partial issue, is the “Issued Complete” flag set?

Although that seems like it would prevent any further issues, and not limit you to the exact qty remaining.

Do any parts use any flags that make the Qty Required not linear with the Qty Produced? (I’m having a brain fart as to what that flag is called in the BOM - the one that says “just use this amount regardless of how many parents are made” )

Nope ~ no issued complete checked on any of the parts. Also, nothing funky on the qty required not being linear function of the parent. All very normal…

But you are looking at the “Completed” view (Purple arrow below). What do you see if you click the Open Issues button (green arrow)?

When I come in, Open Issues is checked. Then when I push “Issue All” button (to issue my 1 (parent) required to issue) it checks completed per earlier screenshot but leaves all the Qty Issued blank(0). If I do something other than click Issue all with the Open issues checked, it does nothing.

We have found this to be a little ‘Wonky’ also. the first day of issuing 2 works fine. On the second day , if you want to make another 3, you have to mass issue 5. The hint was that you only had 7 left ( out of 10) which is 10-3 ( the last mass issue). if you were to go to day 3 and try to mass issue 2, it would not let you because you already issued 3. In other words, Mass Issue is cumulative not additive. I hope this helps.

Here’s what I did and what I see.

1. Job has a production Qty of 7, and no material issued so far.

2. Launch Mass Issue to Mfg and enter Job number

3. Mass issue populates the Assembly Qty to 7 (expected as the Production Qty is 7)

4. Change the Assy Qty from 7 to 2, and click the Issue button on the

5. The Mass Issue window switches to the Issue -> List Sheet, the Open Issues radio button is checked, and the Qty Issued column has all zeros.

6. Click Issue All button

7. The Qty Issued column now updates with values equal to Qty Per x 2 (the qty from step 4), and the Completed radio button is now marked

8. Click OK to issue the qtys shown in step 7

9. Close Mass issue

10. Checking with Job Tracker shows that 2 x Qty Per has been issued

11. Launch Mass Issue to Mfg and enter Job number

12. The Assy Qty shows 7. You’d think it would be 5 (the original 7 minus the 2 from the previous mass issue), but it doesn’t.

13. Change Assy Qty to 3, and click Issue button

14. The Mass Issue window switches to the Issue -> List Sheet, the Open Issues radio button is checked, and the Qty Issued column has all zeros. Just like the first time (step 5)

15. Click Issue All button

16. The Qty Issued column now updates with values equal to Qty Per x 3 (the qty from step 13), and the Completed radio button is now marked

17. Click OK to issue the qtys shown in step 16.
    Note the Completed radio button remains checked, but the Qty Issued column reverts to zeros. Previous Issued now shows the Qty’s from both Mass Issues

18. Close Mass issue

19. Checking with Job Tracker shows that 5 x Qty Per has been issued

2 Likes

It seems that the Issue All but “locks out” to prevent double issues. This might be new since V8, as it used to happen to us all the time.

If I want to issue more to this job, I have to change the Assy Qty on the first sheet and click Issue again. Or just close and re-open the Mass Issue program

Thanks so much for testing and process Calvin!

I’m doing the same exact thing (ensure no customization, no bpm running - which I actually normally do have running) but Step 16 does not occur for us. Are you truly on 10.1.400.23?
We are on 10.1.500.20.

Nancy

Yes. We are 10.1.400.23.
Like I said in my follow-up post, it appears to “lock out” the issue all functionality after you’ve done an issue to a job. I had to either close out the Mass Issue screen and re-open it or change the Assy Qty and click the Issue button on sheet “Job/Assemblies”.

I think that Issue button does more than switch you to the Issue -> List sheet.

We have had a few weird mass issue issues with E10. We have some parts they don’t issue until they finish the job. The job is still open but we have issue getting the remaining parts to issue.

Does the same part number do this repeatedly? (meaning it might be something in the Part’s settings, or Part Class, etc…)

Does it happen more often with certain parents? Jobs for a parent with a defined BOM vs on the fly MOM?

Or is it more “random”

always same part. What could be on the part that would cause this? We don’t use any features in part class.

Ok, I’ve tested on a completely different part / job. I’m getting strange results here too. One thing that’s very strange is that when I try to issue a partial 2 (following initial 1) it fails first time around. Reopen and then try it, and it issues one, instead of the asked for 2. (I have 47 left on job to do). Wow. I think it’s Friday afternoon. :smile:

OMG! This is it. Thank you Dean. (and thanks Calvin and Kim too!)
Never in a million years was I going to get there on my own. Cumulative… how crazy.

E10 Help is the best thing since sliced bread. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Ugh … And now that I look at my example, I see that an issue of 2, followed by an issue of 3, only had a total issue of 3, not the expected 5.

After the 2nd issue (which I thought was for 3), the qty’s matched what I’d expect for 3. But this wasn’t “3 more”, it was “3 in total”…

I was a victim of poor choice for my example numbers. :flushed:

1 Like

Me too. X the twenty times I tried every way to get it to work. :rofl:

Glad I could help. This site has helped me immensely also !! :thinking: