Ideas on Screen Capture/Editing software for traininhg purposes

Looking for some advice on what the best software options are for doing Epicor training videos. Just want to do some simple screen capture(video) and voice overs. No special graphics/titles/animation or anything like that, but would like it to do a few things like mouse focus, auto/manual zoom, highlighting fields I’m typing in - that sort of thing.

I know a few of you guys post videos on YouTube/etc. and whatever you’re using is what I need, so I’m hoping you can drop me some names.

Many thanks in advance!
Mike

is pretty good, and its like 18 bucks if you want to record videos longer than 15 mins.

I use ActivePresenter (The Best Free Screen Recorder, Video Editor for Windows & macOS) for myrecordings. It has the basic editing & presentation features that it sounds like you’re looking for and can export into various formats.

2 Likes

Thanks guys, appreciate the ideas. I’ll check them both out.

While not what you’re looking for Mike, if you ever find yourself in need of a tool that also works with an LMS (Learning Management System), there’s Epicor Knowledge Mentor or Adobe Captivate. We use Captivate for the software we develop here and we do screen recordings too. However, we can setup tests that look like you’re running the software but it’s only a simulation. It’s easy to use.

Mark W.

Thanks Mark! Appreciate the input. We’ve had EKM and tried to use it back with E9, but the amount of updating that has to be done for E10 was just too much for our limited resources. I’ll check Capitvate but I think it’s way more than we need knowing Adobe’s product line.

I love love love SnagIt!

Nancy