How to instantiate a BOReader

(Youdao Zou) #1

I am trying to follow an example from Jose to use BOReader in a form customization. I cannot pass the compiler check. It complains about the line of instantiating BOReader. Thanks for any advice.

The following is the error message:

Error: CS0012 - line 50 (160) - The type ‘System.ServiceModel.EndpointIdentity’ is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly ‘System.ServiceModel, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089’.

The simplified the code is here:
using Ice.Proxy.Lib;
public class Script
{
BOReaderImpl _bor;

public void InitializeCustomCode()
{
	_bor = new BOReaderImpl((Session)oTrans.Session, Epicor.ServiceModel.Channels.ImplBase<Ice.Contracts.BOReaderSvcContract>.UriPath);	
}

}

(Kamran Javid) #2

Use Assembly Reference Manager from the Customization Tools Dialog to make a reference to the DLL that it is moaning about. Then save and reload - you should be good to go. Even if you were using the following code in server logic, you would need to reference: Referencing Assmeblies allows the compiler accesss to the namespaces and source within.

hUD01 = Ice.Assemblies.ServiceRenderer.GetService<Ice.Contracts.UD01SvcContract>(Db);

(Youdao Zou) #3

Thank you, Kamran. I did what you said. However, nothing happened after I selected the dll. I could not see it on the reference manager. The original error is still there after saving and reloading.

(Rob Bucek) #4

can you screen shot your native and custom assembly references? You should also have the BoReader in there as well.

(Jose C Gomez) #5

The answer is there for some reason this screen doesn’t have a reference to System.ServiceModel.dll… However that’s not a DLL you can easily bring in because its in the GAC (Global Assembly Cache)
What screen is this for?

(Youdao Zou) #6

Thanks, Jose. The screen is Material Request Queue. I am actually trying to follow one of your video to add a column to the Unselected queue grid. Like you said, I cannot seem to bring in that DLL

(Youdao Zou) #7

Thanks, Rob. Here is the screenshot

(Jose C Gomez) #8

You won’t be able to its in the Global Assembly Cache. Use an alternate business object / adapter. Try a BAQView?

(Youdao Zou) #9

Thanks, Jose!
I will try something else!