Historical Time Data to Produce a Part? Total Hours Rollup

I got a User asking this question:

We need to build parts of a truck to send out for testing, but need to know how long it will take us to build so that we can schedule it properly as not to interfere with our other work.

Total Hours Rollup

Is there anything in Epicor that will tell them previous Times it took to produce these parts? based on old labor records. or even ROLLUP All the Jobs into a Time?

We are talking about Part’s not Jobs. Obviously those Parts have some kind of historical records in some Operations. They probably were Sub-Assemblies on Jobs.

Any way to lookup a Part and look at history and have Epicor scan Sub-Assemblies, Jobs etc… to determine time. Of course, SQL, Dashboard… But I assume there is something out-of-the-box; its commonly seeked out data, is it not?

this is what is called Lead Time, there is a standard calculation in Epicor, but he/you need to check the company setting and configuration, then define how this specific environment want this value to be calculated, i.e. Purchased parts, Manufactured Parts, Epicor transactions to capture the start and end TimeDate etc…most likly you will end up with multi records/values , then you may need to decide average, last, weighted average etc…similar to part cost

That’s all based on standards, so unless you have the standards created already (which I’m assuming they are not) that won’t work.

i am not following ! do you mean std Cost method ?

no, the fields that you are highlighting need to be filled in somehow. That’s not automatic. He’s basically asking if there is a way to get that information from history. The lead time calculations are assuming you already have that information populated.

it is an automatic field, filled when you run Mfg Lead Time Calculation

Where does it get that information from?

based on a BASE process you can run from this form, and as i said it one of Epicor std process, if you want to investigate more you can run it and check the log or decompile the dll file and see the sript code

I guess all I’m saying is, I don’t think it’s look at job historicals to calculate it. It’s probably looking at methods time standards. Which isn’t what Haso is looking for.

i have not tested it to see if it is based on std (Est method time or actual time), however if some one need to dig deep decompile the dll file and use the code in Updatable Dashboard/BPM with what ever alteration he needs, in my environment i defined My manufacturing lead time as the different between firmed jobs (dateTime) and receiving them to stock, and this will include every transaction in between (ops time, sub/con, inspection etc…then i take the average for all “completed” jobs in the relevant report