Global customization for multi-company stucture

Lisa,

We have recently upgraded to 9.05.702, and now that that nightmare is over I have to add our UK subisidiary as a 2nd company. We also have several (over 50) customizations on various screens, and in my first round of testing I discovered much the same as you are experiencing. In our case, I DON'T want our new company to have any of our customizations... I'm going to start them clean and then let them decide how they want things to look.

So I called Epicor support. They told me that in a multi-company environment, each menu item that has a customization in one company has to have an identically named customization in all other companies, even if the customizations themselves are not identical. For instance, the customization on our Part Entry screen is called Part_Entry_Cust, so I have to create a "blank" customization (one that is virtually unchanged from the default), name it Part_Entry_Cust, assign it to the new company, and enable it on all menus that have the customization enabled on the main company.

It's not quite as confusing as it sounds, but it's going to be a REAL pain to implement. I also just discovered this afternoon that deleting and removing customizations is a chancy occupation at best... once removed, I was unable to put a customization back in place in my testing environment.

Good luck!

Ernie Lowell

Diba Industries

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Hi again everybody,

We are experiencing issues with the launch of customizations in our multi-company environment. When we try to make some of our customizations global, for all companies, but they don't work properly. They don't launch each time we start it, only every second time, for one of the companies, but works fine in the other companies. This happens each time we clear the client cache, why is that? Shouldn't that help us clear old stuff out and reload?
We have tried to "verify customization" in the customization maintenance, reloaded them in the menu maintenance, cleared cache, but nothing seems to make the customization run frequently and without problems.

We were told we couldn't have different customizations in different companies when we had this structure (without creating new menues), so now we have rebuilt them all to global ones, but it still doesn't work satisfying.

Starting to think that this could have something to do with the terminal servers or so.

What could be the problem here? How should we get the customizations to work for all companies, all the time?

Thankful for all the help we can get,

Kind regards,
Lisa
Hi again everybody,

We are experiencing issues with the launch of customizations in our multi-company environment. When we try to make some of our customizations global, for all companies, but they don't work properly. They don't launch each time we start it, only every second time, for one of the companies, but works fine in the other companies. This happens each time we clear the client cache, why is that? Shouldn't that help us clear old stuff out and reload?
We have tried to "verify customization" in the customization maintenance, reloaded them in the menu maintenance, cleared cache, but nothing seems to make the customization run frequently and without problems.

We were told we couldn't have different customizations in different companies when we had this structure (without creating new menues), so now we have rebuilt them all to global ones, but it still doesn't work satisfying.

Starting to think that this could have something to do with the terminal servers or so.

What could be the problem here? How should we get the customizations to work for all companies, all the time?

Thankful for all the help we can get,

Kind regards,
Lisa