E9.05.701 Styling

We have two plants (divisions). Is there a way to change the border color if a user is in Plant 1 and if they switch to Plant 2 the border will reflect a different color?

I am not very familiar with the Runtime Styler, so I don’t know if this can be done.
Thanks for any help / suggestions.

Carol

Runtime Styler.pdf (91.8 KB)
See attached document.

Thank you … this is exactly what I needed.
Carol

Good morning Joe,

I was able to get this set up and it is wonderful, however, I had one user who could not access her Epicor account and received an application error.
"Unable to cast object of type ‘Infragistics.Win.UltraWinDock.DockableGroupPane’ to type ‘Infragistics.Win.UltraWinDock DockableControlPane’ I used Office2007
and this particular user is on Microsoft 2003 … would that create the issue? She had one personalization and I deleted that. We cleared her cache, but that wasn’t it. Rebooted her system twice, with no luck, so as a last resort I created a new user account for her and she can get into Epicor again, but she is not seeing the theme that is the default for all other users.
A bit confused and I would like to know why she is not seeing the new theme that is set for our Epicor users.

Carol, please try clearing the cache of the user’s PC by :

Going to C:\Program Data\Epicor<server name>

Delete the folder that is named after your server and this will manually rebuild when you reopen Epicor.

Joe, I did do that, but it still didn’t change anything. I ended up creating a new Epicor account for her and she is not able to log in, however, the theme that is the default for all Epicor users is not coming through for her. The only think I can think of that possibly is causing this is the fact that she has Outlook 2003 installed on her desktop yet and the rest of us have Outlook 2007. I used Outlook 2007 and changed the border color and resaved it as our CustomOutlook2007 and made this the default.

Do you think that is why she does doesn’t see the different border color for our Plastic’s division?

I’m pretty sure the “Outlook2007” just references the color scheme used by that program, and doesn’t need or use an resources from outlook’s files.

Can you specify to use no style, using the client editor on her machine?

the following is the Config Editor for editing the local .mfgsys file

Thanks Calvin,… I will keep this in mind going forward.
i assigned a new User ID to that person and she was able to access Epicor again, but if we would run into this again, I bet this would fix it.