Dashboard Tracker View ControlName (Where to set it as Combo or TextBox)

I got a dashboard that contains the Project ID, so I tried to create a Tracker View as a Advanced Search for the projects. When I create and allow it to Prompt, it automatically set it to a Combo.

How do I change it to a text box? (Through Customisation?) What I want to achieve is that if the Project ID box is empty, it should display all projects …

after you press OK on this window, then right click on the tracker and choose to CUSTOMIZE the tracker view… you can then click on the projectID Control, and you will see where you can choose options such as ignoring if it is undefined (If I remember correctly this is here).

1 Like

It is kind of a pain (I think) to change the project filter after it has already been added to the tracker view as a combo.

What I do instead

• create the tracker view and do not include the project field (assuming you are adding at least one other field)
  • then you can customize the tracker view, adding a textbox and bind it to project

1 Like

Whenever I try to do this, I get the error that it already has a definition. In my case its the ECOGroup table within the Engineering Workbench. For whatever reason, the GroupID field has an EpiUltraCombo type that displays the description rather than the actual value of the GroupID. So I tried to make a textbox using the query controls but get…

The type ‘Ice.UI.App.changeorderlookup.V_ChangeOrder_1ViewDetailPanel1’ already contains a definition for ‘txtGroupID’

So it is forcing me to use the EUC, despite being awful in this case, or nothing at all.

I’ve run into this before also. It seems like I had to re-create the tracker view from scratch and omit the default tracker field and just build it from scratch.

My work around to this is to create a calculatedProjectID field. The default ProjectID field will always come through as a Combobox, but the calculated field will come through as a text box.

2 Likes