Customer Portal Options

We are using SharePoint with Epicor Portal for our customers to view their orders and other relevant customer-specific information. We want to improve this portal both in functionality and feel, as well as making use of a document management system that can link documents to parts.

One option is moving to Epicor Publisher. Is it much better than using Epicor Portal? Will it be supported for years to come? Is the functionality much better than Epicor Portal? Publisher is supported up to SharePoint 2013, so we couldn’t use the most up-to-date SharePoint, which is 2016.

Another option is switching to SharePoint 2016 and making REST calls within web parts to get the data. This way we won’t rely on any Epicor software to get the data. But we’d have to deal with the table formatting and other features that the Epicor Portal/Publisher takes care of.

Yet another option is moving to something other than SharePoint.

What have other people done to create portals?

1 Like

I’ve used Bezl.io to do this and loved it. It works by installing a gateway in the datacenter and making REST or SQL calls directly so the data doesn’t need to be cached anywhere. The apps can then be embedded in any webpage as an iframe including Salesforce and Magento.

I would be very surprised if Epicor doesn’t offer hosting of their Angular app framework soon as well.

1 Like

Hello John,

I would love to discuss your experience using Bezl.io to build an Epicor Customer Portal.
I’m in the development phase for a Customer Portal to enable users to view Invoices and Payments.
Did you deploy your solution as web application or mobile app?

Another option is advancedware’s customer portal:

AWWebPortal for Epicor ERP 10 (advancedware.com)

They are responsive to all customization requests and do a great job taking care of their customers.

@utaylor Thank you! I will definitely take a look into this option.