Completely Delete unused company

We are preparing to upgrade to Epicor 10 from Epicor 9.05 and as part of that we are trying to get things cleaned up. I have tried deleting a couple of companies that someone created at some point before I got here. I am doing this from the Administration console (highlight the company and select delete). It appears to work however after about 45 minutes I get a Microsoft management console error and nothing it removed in Epicor. Has anyone been successful in delete unused companies from Epicor 9, or have any ideas on what the problem might be?

Hello Bradley,

I don’t know but I would highly recommend any 9->10 lift be done by Epicor. You may be able to have them remove companies but for about $2K, they are going to clean it up far better than most users. They have done literally hundreds of these and know what to fix. You will save far more in your time than you will spend in your time and frustration.

Just my .02,

Mark W.

2 Likes

Agreed 100% it is CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP and worth every penny.

Thanks for the info - I think we are going to have them do some of it. Currently we are just cleaning up Items (BAQ’s, Dashboards, Form Customization, etc…) that are no longer in use. We don’t want those items figured into any conversion. The additional companies I do believe we can exclude in the upgrade - was just hoping to get them removed ahead of time.

@Mark_Wonsil
When did the Price Drop? I got a quote for 50K, 2yrs ago. Based on Customization Counts etc…

That doesn’t include customization @Mark_Wonsil is talking about the DB uplift.

1 Like

@josecgomez, do they get both a “clean” and a customized copy? If so, you could take the forms, etc. from the uplifted version, create Solution Files and upload them into the clean one. On conversion weekend, you could ask for a clean version, apply the Solution Files and be ready to go. As a bonus, all of your customizations would be backed up and ready for the next disaster. :wink:

3 Likes

They do! they call it Vanilla and that’s how we’ve done it. Fix the regular but uplift the vanilla and apply customization after.

3 Likes

Excellent. Backup vanilla, practice, restore, practice, restore, …

2 Likes

@josecgomez you are correct it is the BEST way to go. @bgivler don’t clean things out of the database right now just identify what you do not need and do not worry about making them work for 10. The recommend procedure is to go live with the “Vanilla” database that is uplifted and then install your verified customizations you fix in the uplifted version with customizations included. I have one in this process right now, but delayed due to some other business decisions, but it has been a great service. @hkeric.wci Epicor is not converting our customizations and we are managing additional parts of the upgrade so it was ~5K for us as well.

4 Likes