Changing Customer Part Reference in Job Entry

Can someone please tell me how to change a customer part number reference in Job Entry. The field is grayed out.

It’s most likely in Customer Part Cross Reference.
Go to Customer Part Cross Reference, Enter the Customer, then expand the tree view to see all parts that have a Customer Part Cross Reference.
Expand the tree view, click on the Part in question; I think you may have to delete the Part cross reference, then click New and enter your Part # and then enter the new Customer Part Number.

Thank you. I have changed the part number in the Customer Part Cross Reference, however, the job does not automatically update. I have tried to pull the details into the job again, but this did not work either. I am afraid the job may need to be unlinked, deleted and reentered. I was hoping for another option, especially if the job has transactions against it which would prevent the deletion of the job.

Oh I understand now!
Have you tried updating it with DMT, or an updateable BAQ/dashboard?

I haven’t, but I will ask our IT guys to give it a try as I do not currently have access :frowning_face: Thank you for your suggestions!

Hi Brenda,

Is your job make direct to a sales order? If so, perhaps breaking the job link on the SO release (delete it) then ensure the change to the XRef part no is on the order line, then recreate the job demand link to the SO release might jog its brain.

Nancy

Hi Nancy. Yes the job is make direct to a sales order. I was able to break the link, delete the job and order the job again via job wizard after making the customer cross reference changes. This did work for this particular job!
However, if any transactions have been made to the job before the change was requested, I think at that point the only choice is to close the job and create a new order line and job with the correct customer cross reference information. Do you agree?

Sorry, of course the possibility of using the DMT or BAQ/dashboard you mentioned before may still be an option. I am still waiting for IT to respond. Thanks again

Here is the answer from Epicor:

I write to follow up on this case,

Based on the information shared, This behavior is a design limitation.
Existing records will not update with changes made to its components.

I’ll go ahead and flag this case as suggested resolution but it will remain in an OPEN status in case you still have questions or until you confirm the case can be closed.

Regards
Daniela

Thank you Daniela.