Can you have different customization per company on same form?

Tony,

Not sure if this works on Vantage, but in Epicor 9 I was told by support to give each customization the same name, but make sure they are assigned to the proper company. For instance, our first company has a Part_Entry_Customization that messes around with some fields, while our second company ALSO has a Part_Entry_Customization that messes around with entirely different fields.

Ernie Lowell

Diba Industries

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

I have never had reason to do this until today, but can you have 2 different customizations on the same menu item, one for one company and one for another? or do I just have to make 2 different menu options with same text.
Example, for Part master, Company A has one customization, Company B has another. You can only choose one customization from the drop down on the Menu item.

we're using Vantage 8.
I have never had reason to do this until today, but can you have 2 different customizations on the same menu item, one for one company and one for another? or do I just have to make 2 different menu options with same text.
Example, for Part master, Company A has one customization, Company B has another. You can only choose one customization from the drop down on the Menu item.

we're using Vantage 8.

I’ve managed this in the past via menu security.  Yes, create two different menu options and via security, suppress one or the other.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Tony Hughes
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2013 4:07 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Can you have different customization per company on same form?

we're using Vantage 8.

Omg...this Vic idiot is worse than that jim chance guy..funny you guys have the same name..

Rob Bucek
Production Control Manager
PH: (715) 284-5376 ext 311
Mobile: (715)896-4832
FAX: (715)284-4084
[cid:1.234354861@...]<http://www.dsmfg.com/>
(Click the logo to view our site)<http://www.dsmfg.com/>

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Vic Drecchio
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2013 3:29 PM
Subject: RE: [Vantage] Can you have different customization per company on same form?

I've managed this in the past via menu security. Yes, create two different menu options and via security, suppress one or the other.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Tony Hughes
Subject: [Vantage] Can you have different customization per company on same form?

we're using Vantage 8.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Rob, Jim and I go way back…… Just because we’re both still on Vantage and have grey hair doesn’t warrant the idiot remark!  LMAO

Rob is buying Jim and I many vodkas in Vegas at Insights….

And Rob, I’m currently remoting into your server right now and I’m going to truncate your JobHead table. 

:-)

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Rob Bucek
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2013 4:44 PM
To: 'vantage@yahoogroups.com'
Subject: RE: [Vantage] Can you have different customization per company on same form?

Omg...this Vic idiot is worse than that jim chance guy..funny you guys have the same name..

Rob Bucek
Production Control Manager
PH: (715) 284-5376 ext 311
Mobile: (715)896-4832
FAX: (715)284-4084
[cid:1.234354861@...]<http://www.dsmfg.com/>
(Click the logo to view our site)<http://www.dsmfg.com/>

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Vic Drecchio
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2013 3:29 PM

I've managed this in the past via menu security. Yes, create two different menu options and via security, suppress one or the other.

we're using Vantage 8.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]