Application Error after changing order of one display field in BAQ

e10
baq

(Michael Schmdt) #1

I made a simple change to a BAQ in E9 - I reordered the display fields so a certain field was moved to be the first column displayed. After I did this I tried to test the BAQ but this error immediately popped up in a dialog box:

Application Error
Length cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: length

There is a dashboard that uses this BAQ - it seems to be unaffected by this. I am also able to access the results of the BAQ without issue through the API and can see that the column order was correctly changed. But I am dead in the water trying to do anything in the BAQ Designer, because this error keeps popping up multiple times. I have even gone so far as to completely exit out of Epicor and restart, as well as to clear the client cache, with no luck.

What is going on here and how can I fix it?


(Chia Chang) #2

If you copy the BAQ, does the error still happen? It seems like something changed where the field is blank and is throwing the error now.


(Michael Schmdt) #3

I get the same error if I try to copy the BAQ. It does copy the BAQ, but the resulting BAQ also has the same error.

I also tried removing all the displayed fields - still the same error. I’m not sure the error is actually tightly coupled to what I am doing. For instance, if I hit “analyze” I get the error pop up twice (and no analysis), but then I get the error popping up a third time after a short delay which is long enough that I can actually switch to a different tab before it pops up.


(Chia Chang) #4

You could try reconnecting all the table links in the Designer. Do you have any calculated fields?


(Michael Schmdt) #5

Yes, unfortunately it is a pretty complicated query - 5 calculated fields, 12 tables involved. I’ll try reconnecting the table links one at a time and see what happens…


(Michael Schmdt) #6

I looked at a backed up version of the same query and am comparing the query phrase, and it appears that the simple act of moving a displayed field somehow really messed things up. The main thing is that there are now several “where” clauses that appear back to back instead of with the appropriate table they belong to.

At this point I’m thinking the best course of action is just to export the BAQ from the working environment and then import it back into the test environment.


(Chia Chang) #7

Try importing it and see if you can duplicate the issue. I don’t see why moving a column would add where clauses.


(Dmitry Kashulin) #8

That would be nice if you click Details button in the dialog box and provide full text of the error.