AP - Invoice posted into a future 2019 apply date

Finance posted an invoice that had a future apply date of 1/11/2019. Is there anything that can be done to change the apply date so the reconciliation can be balanced since we use central pay?

I did this before and I was off balancing to AP Aging.

I did a journal entry for the future year and also one for the current year.

I did end up balancing in the end.

We’re thinking of doing a debit memo to offset the future dated invoice. How come you decided to do a journal entry vs. a debit memo?

I just didn’t think about doing a debit memo. I am the Epicor Administrator and when the accountant quit, I became the accountant for a few months.

Ok, I just wasn’t sure if there was another better way of making the correction.

Finance decided to do the same thing too and did a journal entry instead of a Debit Memo.

Finance will always do a Journal Entry to fix things! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

The trouble is, when you run BAQs later summing up invoices, the GL entry won’t show and the data will not match. It’s like doing inventory adjustments instead of issuing material - people who look at the data later have no idea what actually happened.

Just some food for thought from your local ERP purist. :wink:

Mark W.

1 Like

Yes, that is where we’re seeing the balances are off in the BAQ’s also. We’ll just leave it as is until the invoice gets paid in March to see how the balances look.