Any easy way to wite a report that would tell us All part numbers that DO NOT show up on a BOM?

We need a way to find out which part numbers in our system that have a quantity on hand but do NOT show up on any BOM. Is this possible? I could create my own report if I knew where to look. Thanks…

You need to look at part mtl table for active revisions.

Part, PartRev, PartOpr, PartMtl and PartWhse.

BOM parts will be listed in the PartMtl table.

QOH will be in the PartWhse table.

1 Like

as @bmgarver said.

Start by doing a join on PartWhse and PartMtl .

Some thing like this.

select * from erp.PartWhse as pw
left join Erp.PartMtl as pm on pm.MtlPartNum = pw.PartNum and pw.Company = pm.Company
where pw.OnHandQty > 0
and pm.PartNum is null

Then expand the query based on other requirements.

1 Like

Brian, thanks….That’ll work…

Dont know why you need Partwhse.

Edit:

Nevermind. Missed the 'with QOH" requirement.

Edit #2
Use PartBin, not PartWhse for QOH

PartWhse stores the sum of all PartBin quantities. Can use PartBin also, just need to sum the quantities.

2 Likes

I learn something new every day!

1 Like

That’s why I hang around E10Help too :wink:

Question - Do PartWhse records disappear like PartBin records do when the QOH goes to zero?

You can find the following in BAQ Designer by selecting the table from the list:

PartWhse : The purpose of this file is to indicate in which warehouses a part may exist. A part can exist in one or more warehouses. This file also holds allocation totals for sales order and job requirements for specific part at the warehouse level. This file is a subset to the Part file. At least one PartWhse record will exist for each record in the Part file.
DELETE: Not allowed referenced in PartBin, PartTrans, or as a Part.PrimWhse

1 Like

If you have non-nettable locations, I think they are included in the sum of qoh if you query the warehouse table - if you only want specific bins you need to use partbin and filter out the ones you don’t want.

Really depends on what you want and/or how your system is configured.