Admin Tool - User access

What access rights does a user need in order to log in and run the Epicor Admin Tools that runs conversion programs? Do they just need a user account with Security Manager rights?

They will need database permissions as well

Which database permission level? SQL, Progresss OpenEdge, etc.? We have them set up as single-signon user but the Admin Tool requires a password. Is this set at the User Account level in Epicor? Do I need to reset their password even though they are SSO to access the Admin Tool?

The database permission would be at the SQL level and they will need db_datawriter and db_datareader, at a minimum, for the Epicor database. I am not sure on the SSO piece as I always typically do this as manager. I am not 100% that the admin tool supports SSO but you could setup the user with SSO, clear their password, and then see what happens.

I tried clearing their password with SSO but it wouldn’t allow me to. I think it should work with disabling SSO, clear password, Log in without SSO, then log into Admin Tools, and then reenable SSO. I’m thinking even with SSO enabled, the Admin Tools still requires a password. Somehow, they need to create a password without SSO prior to enabling SSO in order for access to the Admin Tools. Will update if this works.

Admin tools requires an Epicor username/password, and can’t be used with SSO. The user also needs to be a security manager in User Account Security. If a SQL backend (depending on how the .pf/DSNs are configured), the Windows user that launches the Admin tools shortcut would require DBO rights to the Epicor database itself.