A/P Module CSV File

Can the A/P module could receive a .csv file, which would contain the information about what bills had been paid? This file would come from our bank. They have a program where they send out a csv file with hat info on it. We are trying to figure out how to upload the csv with the info instead of having our accounting dept manually type all of this in.

See Bank Statement Processing.

Mark W.

1 Like

@Mark_Wonsil But its not a bank statement in the traditional sense. Bank Of America has a program for BillPay and it exports to csv. So would that still fall under this? I had looked at it, but was unsure if it would do the trick.

OK, couple of questions:

1.) How does BofA know how much to pay and to whom? Are you running a Payment Entry in Epicor and exporting a file to them?

1. Are we talking about paying items on POs (and receipts) or misc. payments like utilities, rent, etc.?

Our German Colleagues use Bank Statement Processing on a daily basis to not only record electronic payments but also direct debits.

In 10.2 (not sure about 10.1), there is also Bank Payment Confirmation Import which might do the trick and then you would do Bank Statement Processing at the end of the month.

Mark W.

From my undersatnding theya re going to use the BOA BillPay to pay certain bills. Then use the CSV file to import the data into Epicor. Not sure why, except it may be more secure that way.

I am assuming our German Colleagues use csv to import, correct?

Yes, they use a text file (csv is a text file) and they use the daily balance from the previous day to balance. It clears payments, receives AR payments, handles wire fees, direct debits (like rent, etc), transfers, whatever. Try it out in your Pilot or Education database.

Mark W.

1 Like

@Mark_Wonsil Sorry for bringing up an old discussion, but was wondering. I imported the csv file but we don’t see anything after we import it through either general ledger of even bank statement import. Have tried the other import, but was curious if you had any insight as to why it wouldn’t show up.

What version are you on William?

Hmm. I’m on 10.2 and there might have been an update to Statement Processing. I don’t think I would ever use GL import because then you have no link to the items you have purchased leaving your uninvoiced/open payables reports useless.

What you should see after import is a list of Bank Statement Lines and then you match them to existing transactions or create the transactions if they’re missing in Epicor.

Did you set up an Electronic Interface that maps your CSV file?

Mark W.