Wip Count

Epicor 9.05.701

This seems to be an ongoing subject throughout the forums but i’d like to try and re-visit it.

What i need is:

1. a reliable report in the form of a BAQ / Dashboard etc that reconciles back to the work in process report (were only interested in material, not labor or burden).

2. the ability to see what the material Qty is behind point 1 above AND then what Qty is counted (so this would need some manual input), then the variance between the two.

3. Is there a quick method to correcting the data on the job, or does it have to be “issue the material” and cancel the material to the job?

Thanks in advance.

PartTran table should have most of what you need (except GL accounts, if you need them)

Not sure I follow what point 2 is. What are you counting? Parts that are physically in WIP? Trying to see if physical Qty in WIP matches what was issued?

Way back in V8 I had made an “Orphaned WIP” report. It tallied up the costs put into WIP but never removed. Typically material issues that happened after the shipment.

Hi Calvin,
Point 2…essentially counting what has been physically issued to the job against what the wip report says has been issued.

Join the PartTran table to JobHead, and JobMtl to JobHead (this is t get qty’s req’d and issued)

• Table criterias of JobHead.JobClosed = FALSE, and PartTran.JobNum <> 0

I think you’ll need a couple of sub queries to compensate for any completed and moved to Inv (or shipped) final assy’s

Grouping by JobNum will be key.

If you want the quantity discrepancies to be pushed back into stock, I think that you’ll have to do it through the issue material route. If you only want the job quantities and costs to be adjusted, you can use the job adjustment facility. However, this will essentially write on or off the part discrepancies in the financial records. Check with your financial people to see if they want you to do this or they may show up at your door with torches and pitchforks.

It’s best to do this type of thing in conjunction with or just before a physical inventory and push the quantity discrepancies back to the stockroom where the overages or shortages will be reflected in the stock count and easily visible.

…Tim