Where are configuration values / smart strings stored?

Hey all - I am a little late to respond on this thread but I wanted you to know that in 10.2.600 we added a SQL View to the system - same View as provided by Tech Support but different name so as to not conflict - and we have updated the BAQ and the zData so that Product Configurator data is available via a Standard BAQ without having to work with the raw XML.

5 Likes

That is spectacular @Rich !

In 10.2.500, the raw XML fields are available. So while you wait for 10.2.600, check out this free course in April to learn how to manipulate XML (and JSON) in SQL:

https://www.pluralsight.com/courses/querying-json-xml-temporal-data-tsql

Thanks @Mark_Wonsil

Whats the name of the tablet to add to a BAQ to get this information?

Table name for use in the BAQ is Erp.PcInputValue.

Hmm I had been trying that but the InputName and InputValue are not in the format I was expecting and look like they need more parsing. What is the format they are in?

Values are not in a format that I would expect either. Please create an EpicCare case with the question and your display results and I will route it for research / review.

1 Like

I think that has more to do with the input value you are looking at… You seem to have ‘table’ value inputs being stored, and those will have to be parsed somehow… We have simpler data types and it’s works just fine…

1 Like

Yeah, you get results like I was expecting. I only put down regular inputs, not sure how I would have got Table like inputs :laughing:

I’ll make a case with my BAQ and results as @Rich suggests. I gave up yesterday and just downloaded the XML and parsed with some c# code my self, since I just needed to do some static data analysis. Still I would like to have this working in the future.

1 Like

I think I may have heard that in the near future, Epicor was going to include a new view/function/SP that would allow for mining the CFG data more easily… one can only hope! :slight_smile:

Pretty sure what you are referring to already came – its the Erp.PcInputValue Rich mentioned, only it may not be working right for me

Hi @Evan_Purdy did you manage to get a solution to this? I am getting results like yours but I am wanting results like @MikeGross is getting. I am using 10.2.600.12

Nope, they are still working on my support case CS0002334205

I’ll let you know if they ever get it resolved for me

Just thought I would update with the solution from Epicor that worked for me;

Open the View in SQL Server and change the line;

FROM  Erp.PcValueSet Cross apply FieldValues.nodes('*') as FieldValues(FldValues)

to

FROM  Erp.PcValueSet Cross apply FieldValues.nodes('/*/*/*') as FieldValues(FldValues)

I was informed that this will be fixed in a future update.
Hope this helps someone in the future.

1 Like

Ah, no good for us cloud peeps. Still hopefully the cloud team could run that without a problem…

Interesting, I’m at 10.2.300.17 and it is already set to '/*/*/*'… Perhaps they broke it between our versions. Good to know to look for it, thanks for posting.

My case CS0002334205 has not been resolved… opened 2020-12-15 and last updated 2021-10-20 – might be my first case to make it past a year at this rate :partying_face:

Last update:
A while back I know a script was updated to supposedly correct the issue but it does not seem to worked so I am still waiting for feed back on what can be here and I will keep you updated.

1 Like

Case has been open for 416 days… Anyone got me beat or do I got the record? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

using the customization wizard, I connected a UD table to the quote entry field. Is there a way that after saving the configuration that the values can be saved into the UD table. I have over 40 checkboxes and text boxes that I have to list out on the quote. For example, the configured partnum is “house”. For each value they chose in the configurator, I need to list that on the SSRS Quote Report. I will use the child UD table as a subreport. Line 1 would be brick house $400,000. The next line would be grey carpet $6,000, the next line would be ceramic tile in kitchen $3,000, etc and it would total the price for each quote. I am struggling on the code to use with the on save configurator UD method to say the key 1 is quoteNum and key 2 is quoteline and Inputs.textbox2.Value = UD2.Char01, Inputs.textbox.value = UD.Char02, etc Have you by chance populated tables this way or could give code that would get me closer ? I am on premise and version kinetic 2021.2.7