What controls the GL account assigned to "Deposit" other than the Prepayment entry in AR Account configuration

When inputting a Deposit Billing Credit Memo, the general ledger account assigned by Vantage differs when keyed in from one of our plants. I can duplicate the problem, but cannot determine where this is coming from.

In AR Account Maintenance, the “Prepayment” field is assigned a specific account for customer deposits that references our “default” division which is “20”. The full account number is 22600-000-20.

We have 8 plants. Each has its own division number.

When users in 7 distinct plants create a deposit billing credit memo, the “deposit” posts correctly to division 22600-000-20. (Their plant/division has no bearing on what account the deposit posts to.)

For one user in plant 30, Vantage consistently posts “deposits” to division: 22600-000-30.

I can create a deposit billing credit memo using the same customer and sales order in 7 of the plants and the edit list shows the correct account. When I use the same customer and same sales order to create a deposit billing credit memo while in plant 30, Vantage assigns it to 22600-000-30.

What rule or configuration controls this???

Have you checked plant configuration?

I never used 8 so I am not sure all of the places to check.

The plant could have a GL division code assigned, check to see if they are all configured the same.

Also take a look at the customer, validate the AR account is configured the same as other customers.

Also look at the company config finance tab. It could be defaulting to the accounts setup there.

You say it only happens with one user? I would check to see if there are any differences between how that user is set up and one that does not have the issue. Just a thought…

I have checked Plant setup; each plant has a division assigned, basically the plant ID is the same as the division ID. I’ve scrolled across the list of Plants and nothing is different with plant 30.

In Company setup, the AR accounts assigned are identical to those on AR Account Maintenance and we only have one AR Account that we use. All customers have the same AR Account assigned on the Billing Detail tab.

My user gets the same results… I can input a Deposit Billing Credit Memo from 7 other plant and the deposit is coded correctly on the edit list. When I go to plant 30, the GL account on the deposit is changed and posts with the division segment 30 (instead of 20).

In the Chart of Accounts the deposit account has been setup for divisions 20 and 30. It’s possible that if the deposit account were setup for each division, that they would behave differently. For example, since 22600-000-10 does NOT EXIST, deposits for that plant fall to the AR default setup 22600-000-20. And when deposits are input in plant 30… since a deposit account does exist it uses it. We have tried to DISABLE 22600-000-30 and the system balks and won’t post the deposit credit memo. ???_ ON FURTHER TESTING, IF the deposit account were setup for each plant/division, the deposit credit memo would post to the division and NOT USE the assigned account in AR setup.