VT8.03.409C: Mass deletion of SerialNumbers?

Just giving this a bump.  Hoping someone will have some experience with this issue. 

The original message was:

Has anyone done a mass deletion of serial numbers?  If so how did you do it?

I use the Web Services to delete a Serial number when there is actual no value in the serial Number.  That is something you can to in the Serial Number Form.

So I tried to use the WebService Tester to do the mass delete via Update method and placing 'D' in the RowMod.  I received an error saying that Transaction Source is invalid.  'Transaction source' is a field in the SerialNo table in the SerialNoDataSet.

I did a trace on a single deletion from the SerialNo Form and the results were useless.  The trace shows nothing in the serialNodataSet under the Paramters node.   It also shows nothing under the paramDataSetChanges node, literally nothing.

So if anyone can help me I would be much appreciated.

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <dgodfrey@...> wrote:

I use the Web Services to delete a Serial number when there is actual no value in the serial Number.  That is something you can to in the Serial Number Form.

So I tried to use the WebService Tester to do the mass delete via Update method and placing 'D' in the RowMod.  I received an error saying that Transaction Source is invalid.  'Transaction source' is a field in the SerialNo table in the SerialNoDataSet.

I did a trace on a single deletion from the SerialNo Form and the results were useless.  The trace shows nothing in the serialNodataSet under the Paramters node.   It also shows nothing under the paramDataSetChanges node, literally nothing.