Version 10.2 - Reminder Letter Generation

Has anyone had trouble using AR Reminder Letter Generation in 10.2? I have used this function many times with other versions but for some reason, cannot get it to work on a new site that implemented with 10.2.

When they do the “Get Customers” search to start the process, no customers ever come up. Yet the user has full blown security and we’ve tried with multiple user logins. The Workforce ID looks good too.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John Gillenwater

Do any customers have a Reminder Group set?

I was wondering if someone had a little more detail on the remind letter generation process. The Epicor help is a little limited. I am wondering why for a customer it is generating three separate letters. I have four sequences, but would have through all the invoices would have shown up on the final sequence, but it only seems to be displaying the invoices that are past due in each sequence rather than displaying an entire customer statement.

What are people using for their dunning process?

Hi

Did you ever get this working in the end? I can Get Customers but i am unable to generate letters. I ahve set up the Reminder Groups but i’m not sure if i need to do anything on the Customer Maintenance side.

Regards
Kirsty

Attach the Reminder Group in the Customer Maintenance Billing tab.

1 Like

The reason why one customer might get all 3 reminders in the same time is because the reminder group was left with default settings i.e. date offset on the reminder group main window is due date and not last reminder.

That is if you have 3 sequences with 30,60, 90 days, if invoice is more than 90 days old all 3 reminders will be generated. If the setting is “last reminder”, first reminder will be generated and only at least 30 days from now the next one will be generated and so on (even if the invoice is 90+ days overdue).

Regards,
Mihai

I have actually abandoned using reminder letters and just use the customer statement process. I change the statement slightly to include due dates and other fields and run in one day forward for both start and stop. This makes it an open statement as of now rather than a bank reconciliation statement showing their change over the period.

I then created breaking and routing rules to do the work to send one statement to each customer.

I hope this helps.

2 Likes