Vantage 6 database size issue?

Our Vantage 6 database keeps shutting down this afternoon stating in server logs: “Attempted to exceed maximum size on file F:\Database\BernInc6\mfgsys.d1”. Anyone have knowledge on this older version of Vantage? Is there a database limit? Our database size is just over 2GB. Thank you for taking the time to read.

There is a command to run to allow the database to go over 2 gig or maybe it’s a start up parameter I don’t remember which, It’s been some time.
Tech support should know.

Patrick Winter

FYI: request the legacy KB number 10871MPS for the steps to resolve. Short version is:

1. Stop db in PET.
  2. OS copy the db files (or create a full offline backup if it allows you to without error).
  3. From the PROENV change directory to the db folder.
  4.            proutil  mfgsys  -C  EnableLargeFiles

You don’t say which version of Progress you have (I don’t recall if V6 was 9.1C…I know V6.1 was 9.1D)

Anyway this Progress article, specifically section 2, should do the trick for you. Make sure you stop the db before running. And also, make sure to test this on a non- production database before doing this to your live environment.

http://knowledgebase.progress.com/articles/Article/21184

Mike

Thank you for your prompt responses. Epicor support was contacted and ran the “proutil” command. All is well, nnnnnext!