Upgrading to E10.2

Hi,

We are in the process of upgrading to 10.2 from vantage. We are doing this internally and have found great information on the forum on how to do it! Thank you so much!

What i cant find information or need clarity is, i know we cant delete data once there has been a transaction. I have utlized the purging database which only allows me to purge based on date. I have certain information (customers, part numbers) that are obsolete but they were created and had transactions within the last 3 years (we are keeping data from the last 3 years).

Can i remove these certain rows from the database ? i have read that is not recommended to delete via sql. I can remove the data before we go live in E10. Any ideas? Has anyone had this problem? Unfortunately we need to keep historical data and therefore we cannot re-implement E10.

Is it a requirement to keep the historical data in the same actual database as the rest of the data? What one could do is reimplement in 10.2 with master data, and use external datasource BAQs to query the existing Vantage database (assuming that is SQL but if not, could use the interim database that is created at the E905 to E10.x level and add some indexes) from within the 10.2 database as needed.

3 Likes

Nathan’s suggestion gives you the best of both worlds.

Thank you!