Unable to find assembly for contract 'Erp.Contracts.QuoteSvcContract'

e10
epicor
customization

(Josh B) #1

Does anyone know if I’m actually missing an assembly or is there something else I need to instantiate?

I’m setting up Visual Studio tests to instantiate an ErpContext object and run through some code that adds/updates quote details. However, I keep getting the error "Unable to find assembly for contract “Erp.Contracts.QuoteSvcContract” after attempting to create a quote service (shown below):

ErpContext context = new ErpContext();

Erp.Contracts.QuoteSvcContract quote = Ice.Assemblies.ServiceRenderer.GetService<Erp.Contracts.QuoteSvcContract>(context);

The context is created without any errors and the error occurs when attempting the GetService call on the quote.

Here are my current project references:

Thanks,

Josh

(Andrew R Minutella) #2

Hi Josh,

New to Epicor and C#, but I’m going to take a stab at answering this (bear with me please).

It is possible to search for an adapter or assembly in customization mode by going to tools > assembly references > add custom reference – and then searching for the assembly you’re looking for in the Epicor folder. I just did a search on my PC and did not find that reference. Not sure exactly what you’re going to use this code to do, but it might be possible to add or update a quote detail by referencing an adapter. These can be found in customization mode under tools > object explorer > adapters.

Hope this helps.