UK CSF Install

I am trying to configure and enable the UK CSF capabilities on my Epicor 10.2.300.10 platform (actually to the point where I created a simple 10.2.300.0 app stack to see if it was a problem with .10), and I keep getting the error:

System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. —> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly ‘Microsoft.SqlServer.BatchParser.dll’ or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetType(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, ObjectHandleOnStack type)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Common.ServerConnection.GetStatements(String query, ExecutionTypes executionType, Int32& statementsToReverse)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Common.ServerConnection.ExecuteNonQuery(String sqlCommand, ExecutionTypes executionType, Boolean retry)
at Ice.Tools.DatabaseScriptRunner.TreeNodeSqlScript.RunBatchScript(SqlConnection connection, String script)
at Ice.Tools.DatabaseScriptRunner.TreeNodeSqlScript.<>c__DisplayClass12_0.b__0()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
— End of inner exception stack trace —
(Inner Exception #0) System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly ‘Microsoft.SqlServer.BatchParser.dll’ or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.
File name: ‘Microsoft.SqlServer.BatchParser.dll’
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetType(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, ObjectHandleOnStack type)

When I go into Epicor Admin Console to Run Database Script Runner after installing the solution found in the UK CSF zip file (Epicor_CSF_UK_Prep_10.2.300.cab). I have already enabled the UK option under the CSF tab in the license file. I have also gone into Epicor and ensured the Company Config steps were done as well. I am following the Epicor ERP UK CSF Guide for 10.2.300.

I have tried installing Visual Studios 2015 and 2017 to get a 64 bit version of the BatchParser.dll file in my \Windows\Assembly directory, per Internet suggestions. No 64-bit version, same error. Maybe I am not installing the correct item.

My Epicor 10.2 framework is installed on a Windows Server 2016 server, my MS SQL is on it’s own Windows Server 2016 machine with MSSQL 2016 SP2, and I have a third server for RDS. I am running the client for following the CSF instructions off the App server, not the RDS server.

Has anyone else ever experienced this? Or anything like this? Any ideas on how to proceed? Thanks,

David

@dvfoster I’m assuming you are parallelling this question with Epicor Support?

Are you sure your security is correct? i.e. You installed with RunAs Admin?

Simon,

Yes I am working with Epicor on this as well. I do install As Admin as well. Epicor provided a link to an MSDN thread on MSO, which is why lead me to installing Visual Studios 2015 and 2017. I have even tried manually pulling the BatchParser.dll file from somewhere else and drop it in, but that did not do the trick.

Thanks,
David

@dvfoster - I’m installing UK CSF now - and had the same problem.

EpicCare KB0048776
1, close the admin console
2,go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784 and install the 32 bit vcredist from here
3,open the console again and run the SQL scripts

Fixed the problem for me.

4 Likes