Is there a way to log the style used when users run a report?
Appending to a UD table would be acceptable.
Ideally it would log:
- ReportID (Ex: OrderAck, ARForm, POForm, etc…)
- ReportStyleNum (Ex: 1, 1001, 1002, etc…)
- DataDef (Ex: OrderAck, OrderAck_001, etc)
- Calling program (Ex: Order Entry, Order Tracker, etc …)
- Report file - the report “file” used by the style at the time it was called (Ex: “reports/CustomReports/SSR/SSR_20171124a.rdl”)
Extra details like rendering type (PDF, Excel Data Only, etc…) and if routing was enabled/disabled would be nice too.
But if memory serves me correctly, there’s no BPM that can trigger when a report is run.