Track Lots

We deal with seasonings and casings that need to be lot tracked, the person who set this up for us, no longer works for our company and left on bad terms so we are unable to reach out, all of us here now have not been trained on how to do lot tracking, I have tried comparing a lot number tracked item to one that is not but we are still unfamiliar.

Could someone help with guiding us through lot tracking?

Please and thank you.

At the most basic level, Lot Tracking adds tracking the qty’s of the part assigned to each Lot.

So any part trans must include the Lot the parts are from. And you are prevented from issuing more parts from a lot, than are currently in said lot.

Example:
Rcv 100 pc’s as Lot ABC, 50 pc’s as ABD.
Issuing 125 Parts, requires specifying the qtys from each lot, and neither qty can exceed the lot’s current QOH.
Issuing 100 from ABC, and 25 from ABD is okay.
75 from AMC & 50 from ABD is also okay.
101 from ABC & 24 from ABD would not be allowed.

This makes perfect sense.

How do we add a lot number to a part?

edited:

For purchased parts, you are required to enter the Lot number for the Qty that lot during PO receipt. Typically the Lot number (or code) is specified by the supplier.

You can use the “Lot…” button to search for an existing LOT to add to.

You’ll have to do the same when issuing Lot controlled parts

If it is a manufactured part, you’ll create the lot number when it is received to Inventory.

You can use the Inventory Mngmnt -> Setup -> Lot program to view the qtys in each lot of a given P/N.

Part Maintenance - check the Track Lots fields. NOTE: If this part has pending transactions or inventory on hand you will not be able to change this unless you adjust out the inventory first

Under the Lot Tab in Part Maintenance you can assign the different part characteristics such as added Fields for Heat, Mfg Date,

1 Like

@shetay29 you can set up initial Lot numbers in Part Main from the Actions menu

1 Like

Can you lot track make direct jobs?

Generally as a rule, you can lot track anything. For a Make Direct order, I have always suggested the job # be the lot #.

Charlie Smith

CRS Consulting Services

860-919-1708

1 Like

When are the lot #'s assigned? Upon Qty Complete entry? Or upon shipping (if you dont report qty’s complete)?

How would you get quantities into inventory if you do not report quantity complete? If the job is to make 4 and you complete the job a receipt to inventory transaction would report the quantity even if the operation did not report the quantity and a lot is assigned then as far as I know and understand it.

First off, the question was about make to order, not make to stock.

And a receipt to inventory on a make to stock job, does not create quantity completed.

I believe you could do it when you ship it, but I would have to verify.

I totally missed the make to order. Sorry about that. My terminology must be wrong on the receipt to inventory. When you receive the quantity into stock you have to put a quantity and assign a lot then. I can be corrected there as well. That was what I thought
happens though.

As for the make to order I agree with the logic but would have to test.

**Josh Owings **| JR Automation

ERP Applications Manager

O: +1
(864) 397-9193 | C: +1 (864) 884-6587