Time Phase showing material requirements for for closed jobs

Any idea why these lines show up? All those jobs are closed.

And it’s not just because the material wasn’t fully issued (actually took less mater to make than the BOM called for), as there are many other jobs that are like that - and don’t show up.

did you ever receive an answer / solution? i have version 10.2.100.6. this recently started happening. user thinks it was triggered by inventory process, but really doenst know when it started. i asked user to manually open the closed jobs and delete material and see if it was a one off thing.

@ckrusen what was the magic behind it, ever resolve?

I don’t recall. But that part number has since been made inactive. And those jobs were ones that were imported via DMT from V8. So I think we just chose to ignore it.

Did you check the relevant operations had been completed to the production quantity. We have poor transactional discipline and frequently have jobs that are long since complete appearing in time phase as the operations were never completed on system.

As the automated job complete/job close won’t shut anything down that has open ops/incorrect quantities some of our folks use the job closing/complete screen to shutdown jobs and were not checking the backflush flag - all our materials are backflushed - we now close such jobs down using the DMT, with the backflush field flagged as yes - we tried an updatebale dashboard but this didn’t run all the background processes that the job closing/complete screen does and being honest as I was effectively creating a workaround for a process that was in itself fundamentally waste - closing jobs down because shop floor folks couldn’t be bothered to transact operations - I came up with a quick and easy solution.

Not saying it is a panacea for all issues with material demand still appearing for closed jobs in time phase but it certainly took a lot of our problem away.

We don’t track labor so we don’t even add operations to jobs. We also don’t report qty’s or closeout jobs. It’s sloppy, but it’s what we’ve always done, and I’ve not been successful at getting people to do more work when everything “works” as it is. :neutral_face:

1 Like

LOL - I have thrown my toys out of the pram on many occasions about the failure of entire areas to log work on or off and suggested that we are just wasting the time of the folks who are actually doing it.

However I actually like how you operate better - remove all of the operations, just have material and we can just guess how to use the materials.

System Management > Rebuild Processes > Mfg / Distribution > Refresh Part Quantities and Allocations
System Management > Upgrade/Mass Regeneration > Refresh Part Quantities and Allocations

Processing Detail
Navigate to this sheet/program:
Refresh Part Quantities and Allocations > Processing Detail
When you run Refresh Part Quantities and Allocations, it performs general processing, and processing that is specific to the type of demand (sales orders, jobs and transfer orders):
Note: Refresh Part Quantities and Allocations simply reports its findings if the Report Only option was selected; it performs actual table updates only if the Report and Update option was selected. Before it does, it performs validations to ensure there are no zero conversion factors for the UOM class codes assigned to the part records being processed.
System Management > Rebuild Processes > Mfg / Distribution > Refresh Part Quantities and Allocations
System Management > Upgrade/Mass Regeneration > Refresh Part Quantities and Allocations

Processing Detail
Navigate to this sheet/program:
Refresh Part Quantities and Allocations > Processing Detail
When you run Refresh Part Quantities and Allocations, it performs general processing, and processing that is specific to the type of demand (sales orders, jobs and transfer orders):
Note: Refresh Part Quantities and Allocations simply reports its findings if the Report Only option was selected; it performs actual table updates only if the Report and Update option was selected. Before it does, it performs validations to ensure there are no zero conversion factors for the UOM class codes assigned to the part records being processed.

Use these programs with caution, but this is the information from one of Epicor support calls. This will resolve Allocations to closed jobs.

Sometimes this is the problem: