Time entry SC Workflow


(system) #1
Carol,
Sorry for sending you on a  wild goose chase there. But good to know.
 
Cheers
Simon Hall

Digging Up an old Post Time Auto Submit
(system) #2
I'm trying to make a service connect workflow that accepts excel sheets and enters the data into epicor.  I ran a trace on the time entry process and generated the workflow from the trace.  Seems like everything is working fine except that when it sets the time entry to be submitted it doesn't actually go to the approval process. (i have the update setting the data with a time status of 'S' which doesn't seem right)

I did delete the ProdCal.GetByID BO that the trace brought in.  Right now its running through all the steps and hits CheckWarnings>Update>SubmitForApproval>Finish at the end. It seems like the SubmitForApproval is pretty much not doing anything.  I've tried to use the ProdCal.GetByID but I'm at a loss of how to connect it correctly.   Is this something that is even needed?

If there's anyone familiar with the process any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

(system) #3
I assume you tried ‘A’ for approved?

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of don.n.doan@...
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 2:57 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Time entry SC Workflow



I'm trying to make a service connect workflow that accepts excel sheets and enters the data into epicor. I ran a trace on the time entry process and generated the workflow from the trace. Seems like everything is working fine except that when it sets the time entry to be submitted it doesn't actually go to the approval process. (i have the update setting the data with a time status of 'S' which doesn't seem right)

I did delete the ProdCal.GetByID BO that the trace brought in. Right now its running through all the steps and hits CheckWarnings>Update>SubmitForApproval>Finish at the end. It seems like the SubmitForApproval is pretty much not doing anything. I've tried to use the ProdCal.GetByID but I'm at a loss of how to connect it correctly. Is this something that is even needed?

If there's anyone familiar with the process any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

(system) #4

 I'm still trying to use the work flow process in epicor to review/reject/approve times.  So i want the time to go to submit so their supervisor can see them in his approval screen.



---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <rbucek@...> wrote:

I assume you tried ‘A’ for approved?

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of don.n.doan@...
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 2:57 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Time entry SC Workflow



I'm trying to make a service connect workflow that accepts excel sheets and enters the data into epicor. I ran a trace on the time entry process and generated the workflow from the trace. Seems like everything is working fine except that when it sets the time entry to be submitted it doesn't actually go to the approval process. (i have the update setting the data with a time status of 'S' which doesn't seem right)

I did delete the ProdCal.GetByID BO that the trace brought in. Right now its running through all the steps and hits CheckWarnings>Update>SubmitForApproval>Finish at the end. It seems like the SubmitForApproval is pretty much not doing anything. I've tried to use the ProdCal.GetByID but I'm at a loss of how to connect it correctly. Is this something that is even needed?

If there's anyone familiar with the process any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

(system) #5
Then ‘E’ for entered…

Rob Bucek
Production Control Manager
PH: (715) 284-5376 ext 311
Mobile: (715)896-4832
FAX: (715)284-4084
[cid:1.234354861@...]<http://www.dsmfg.com/>
(Click the logo to view our site)<http://www.dsmfg.com/>

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of don.n.doan@...
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 4:16 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] RE: Time entry SC Workflow



I'm still trying to use the work flow process in epicor to review/reject/approve times. So i want the time to go to submit so their supervisor can see them in his approval screen.


---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <rbucek@...> wrote:
I assume you tried ‘A’ for approved?

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of don.n.doan@...<mailto:don.n.doan@...>
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 2:57 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [Vantage] Time entry SC Workflow



I'm trying to make a service connect workflow that accepts excel sheets and enters the data into epicor. I ran a trace on the time entry process and generated the workflow from the trace. Seems like everything is working fine except that when it sets the time entry to be submitted it doesn't actually go to the approval process. (i have the update setting the data with a time status of 'S' which doesn't seem right)

I did delete the ProdCal.GetByID BO that the trace brought in. Right now its running through all the steps and hits CheckWarnings>Update>SubmitForApproval>Finish at the end. It seems like the SubmitForApproval is pretty much not doing anything. I've tried to use the ProdCal.GetByID but I'm at a loss of how to connect it correctly. Is this something that is even needed?

If there's anyone familiar with the process any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

(system) #6

 Yes, I've tried E.  I would think the Submit BO would want the dataset timestatus as E but it still isnt processing it.  It's as if the data is passing completely through the BO without it activating.



---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <rbucek@...> wrote:

Then ‘E’ for entered…

Rob Bucek
Production Control Manager
PH: (715) 284-5376 ext 311
Mobile: (715)896-4832
FAX: (715)284-4084
[cid:1.234354861@...]<http://www.dsmfg.com/>
(Click the logo to view our site)<http://www.dsmfg.com/>

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of don.n.doan@...
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 4:16 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] RE: Time entry SC Workflow



I'm still trying to use the work flow process in epicor to review/reject/approve times. So i want the time to go to submit so their supervisor can see them in his approval screen.


---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <rbucek@...> wrote:
I assume you tried ‘A’ for approved?

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of don.n.doan@...<mailto:don.n.doan@...>
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 2:57 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [Vantage] Time entry SC Workflow



I'm trying to make a service connect workflow that accepts excel sheets and enters the data into epicor. I ran a trace on the time entry process and generated the workflow from the trace. Seems like everything is working fine except that when it sets the time entry to be submitted it doesn't actually go to the approval process. (i have the update setting the data with a time status of 'S' which doesn't seem right)

I did delete the ProdCal.GetByID BO that the trace brought in. Right now its running through all the steps and hits CheckWarnings>Update>SubmitForApproval>Finish at the end. It seems like the SubmitForApproval is pretty much not doing anything. I've tried to use the ProdCal.GetByID but I'm at a loss of how to connect it correctly. Is this something that is even needed?

If there's anyone familiar with the process any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

(system) #7

 Actually no, I still want it to go through the approval process.  So that we can still reject/verify times.



---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

I assume you tried ‘A’ for approved?

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of don.n.doan@...
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 2:57 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Time entry SC Workflow



I'm trying to make a service connect workflow that accepts excel sheets and enters the data into epicor. I ran a trace on the time entry process and generated the workflow from the trace. Seems like everything is working fine except that when it sets the time entry to be submitted it doesn't actually go to the approval process. (i have the update setting the data with a time status of 'S' which doesn't seem right)

I did delete the ProdCal.GetByID BO that the trace brought in. Right now its running through all the steps and hits CheckWarnings>Update>SubmitForApproval>Finish at the end. It seems like the SubmitForApproval is pretty much not doing anything. I've tried to use the ProdCal.GetByID but I'm at a loss of how to connect it correctly. Is this something that is even needed?

If there's anyone familiar with the process any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

(system) #8
Hi,
In order for the time to appear in the approval form for the supervisor you need to make sure of a few things.
 
What is the approval setup of the employee record (is it supervisor, project manager or some other approval workflow)?
 
How is the approval of the project and phases setup?  Are they Project or Employee (or some other I cannot remember).
 
If these are not setup correctly then you have time approvals all over the shop (trust me on that one).  You can check to see who the approver of the time will be if you look at the approvers tab on the time detail form.
 
Finally when you submit a time record it actually creates a task in the task table for the approver. The trace may or may not show the task being added this.  I don’t have a copy of E9 up at the moment, but I think one of the fields is either Table or file type which will be labordtl , and key1 and key2 (sorry if I am wrong here) but they contain the laborhedseq and labordtlseq fields as the foreign keys to the labordtl recorcd.
 
So I suspect that your ESC is not creating the task, even though the timestatus is being set to S.
 
Time status codes are
E = Entered
S = Submitted
A = Approved
P = Pending (where you have a multi approver process in place).
 
I hope that information helps.  By the way we are on 9.05.701
 
Simon
 

(system) #9

Ah, very interesting.  I didn't think of a missing task that the trace wasn't showing.  I have a single approval workflow in epicor, which is set to a single approve by direct supervisor. I'm not completely sure of what you mean by approval process for project and phases but I also tried an indirect time entry with no luck.  The pending approval by on the approvals tab shows up blank.  I would expect that the approval workflow is setup correctly in epicor since manually submitting the time sends it to the right place.  I'll play around with ESC and see if I can find that table. 


Thanks for the info!



---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Hi,
In order for the time to appear in the approval form for the supervisor you need to make sure of a few things.
 
What is the approval setup of the employee record (is it supervisor, project manager or some other approval workflow)?
 
How is the approval of the project and phases setup?  Are they Project or Employee (or some other I cannot remember).
 
If these are not setup correctly then you have time approvals all over the shop (trust me on that one).  You can check to see who the approver of the time will be if you look at the approvers tab on the time detail form.
 
Finally when you submit a time record it actually creates a task in the task table for the approver. The trace may or may not show the task being added this.  I don’t have a copy of E9 up at the moment, but I think one of the fields is either Table or file type which will be labordtl , and key1 and key2 (sorry if I am wrong here) but they contain the laborhedseq and labordtlseq fields as the foreign keys to the labordtl recorcd.
 
So I suspect that your ESC is not creating the task, even though the timestatus is being set to S.
 
Time status codes are
E = Entered
S = Submitted
A = Approved
P = Pending (where you have a multi approver process in place).
 
I hope that information helps.  By the way we are on 9.05.701
 
Simon
 

(system) #10
Just to clarify my bit about project and phase.
 
You have the ability to alter how the approval is handled on a project and phase, which means you can override the default behaviour of the time and expense approval configuration on the employee records.
I’ll give you and example:
 
You have two approval workflows setup, one for project manager approval and one for supervisor approval.
 
The employee record is setup to use supervisor approval so any indirect time entries will be approved by whoever the supervisor is setup in their employee record.  However you have projects that the employee puts time against, but those projects are not managed by their supervisor, but some other employee in the company.  That employee is setup as the Project Manager on the project.  So we want the project manager to be responsible for approving all time on that project.  If the system only looked at the employee record, then the supervisor would approve.  This is where the approvals tab on the project comes into play and you can override the default approval workflow on the employee record to instruct the system to use the approval workflow setup on the project instead of the employee to make any time submitted against the project to be approved by the Project Manager.
 
I hope that makes sense and is not too long winded.
 
I’d be interested to see how you get on.
 
Cheers
Simon Hall
 
 

(system) #11

At the last EUG meeting we were told that with  Service Connect “A” was not necessary.  Just the “E”, entered.  It is my understanding that “E” transactions do not post, but Service Connect is used only with Holiday pay in our case and seeing as there are no labor hours to post the E status is sufficient.  Hope this helps.

 

 

Carol

 


(system) #12

 So I tracked down the task table and I see a task being created, however when I compare it to the manually submitted time and ESC submitted time I see there is 0 for Complete and no completion date on the task table.  I wonder if this is the cause of the task not showing up for the supervisor.  (The manually submitted time shows a 1 for complete as well as a completion date)


I have added a task.updateext to the end of the workflow as well as tried a task.changecomplete with the update and I'm not having any luck getting this to mesh(I'm trying to plug in the complete = 1 and completion date through the update/changecomplete).  The task.updateext is asking for a TEApprovalAction field which I have no idea where to find the values for it.


Do you know if i'm on the right track?



---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <cmpelows@...> wrote:

At the last EUG meeting we were told that with  Service Connect “A” was not necessary.  Just the “E”, entered.  It is my understanding that “E” transactions do not post, but Service Connect is used only with Holiday pay in our case and seeing as there are no labor hours to post the E status is sufficient.  Hope this helps.

 

 

Carol

 


(system) #13

Just for anyone that stumbles across the same issue.  I didn't have to do anything related to the task table.  Generating the workflow from a time entry trace worked just fine.  I removed the GetByID BO's and had it go straight from update>submit>finish.  The only difference was I had to manually override the RowMod to U on the TimeWeeklyView.  Once I changed that before the submitforapproval, the BO picked it up and submitted the time entry.



---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <don.n.doan@...> wrote:

 So I tracked down the task table and I see a task being created, however when I compare it to the manually submitted time and ESC submitted time I see there is 0 for Complete and no completion date on the task table.  I wonder if this is the cause of the task not showing up for the supervisor.  (The manually submitted time shows a 1 for complete as well as a completion date)


I have added a task.updateext to the end of the workflow as well as tried a task.changecomplete with the update and I'm not having any luck getting this to mesh(I'm trying to plug in the complete = 1 and completion date through the update/changecomplete).  The task.updateext is asking for a TEApprovalAction field which I have no idea where to find the values for it.


Do you know if i'm on the right track?



---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <cmpelows@...> wrote:

At the last EUG meeting we were told that with  Service Connect “A” was not necessary.  Just the “E”, entered.  It is my understanding that “E” transactions do not post, but Service Connect is used only with Holiday pay in our case and seeing as there are no labor hours to post the E status is sufficient.  Hope this helps.

 

 

Carol