Things moving around

I keep having this issue on a Form Customization. Sometimes when the form opens some of the boxes will have moved around on a sheet. Each time a reopen the same items move farther and farther down.

I haven’t seen the issue you mention but…
I often see things move around unexpectedly.

Once I’m sure it isn’t related to a personalization or stale cache…
I start checking out the Custom XML, looking for values that may have gotten out of whack e.g. position values for the control, especially grids that might have a relationship to some other control size or position.

Check your anchors

This has happened to me as well recently. I do believe my issue was anchor related, as Chris pointed out.

This is happening so frequently my form is unusable. Here is one box for an example of an anchor. Should it be something different?

Shannon - Have you put in an EpiCare ticket, directed to the Ice Tools group? I’ve been seeing a lot of weirdness on 10.2.300.7 with grid view tables growing when personalizations are applied. It’s re-creatable on our customizations, but not on the base form. Ugh…

I’ve had some forms do this as well. Doing a personalization purge seems to help. And not just of the particular customization, but all versions of the form.

I just put a ticket in.

I purged everything, cleared my cache resaved the customization and still no good. So frustrating.

Shannon - What happens if you purge all personalizations on that form, then fix it in Customization, and don’t personalize it again (ugh). I’ve found “reset layouts to base” doesn’t fix this issue after someone made a change.

I ended up just making the page open up bigger and then things quit moving around.

If it helps anyone else, you can have support link to Problem PRB0210965.

1 Like

I think I stumbled on a work-around… I removed the bottom and right anchors of the grids (SO Tracker and SO Entry Summary tab), and it no longer grows when someone makes a grid personalization.

1 Like

@skearney @askulte - yes, we had the same problem with our upgrade to 10.2.300 last week and removing the Right and Bottom anchors solved the issue for us too.

I just have to chime in to say that, while it works to make it not move on it’s own, when you really need/want anchoring so that you can expand it if necessary, your grid is now stuck at whatever size looks good on the screen of the person that did the customizations. It really isn’t a fix, and to call it a workaround is generous.

A lot you have already voted for this request, but if you haven’t, please do.

2 Likes

How do I go about voting for that?

Click on the link, click vote.

1 Like

Maybe this will be the first thing that is (will be) fixed - PRB0210965 states it’s fixed in 10.2.500.

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION: When the Customization attached to the Problem Case is Deployed, there is no issue with a Base Grid. However, when a Personalization is made to that Base Grid and saved, running that Personalization will result in that Base Grid to expand in width beyond the right Panel’s border. That is, the scroll bar will remain, but you cannot scroll to see the Columns in the right-most part of the Grid.
PROGRAM ID: Personalization

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR: Adding a Personalization to the Customization should not expand the width of the Base Grid.

Is that issue strictly limited to the just the grid that gets moved and/or re-sized?

Because I see the following after personalizing the main grid on an Order Entry customization…

Should look like the following. Thin red rectangles show the added controls.

After personalizing, I get:

Do controls 2, 3, 4, and 5 get staggered because their labels overlap neighboring controls?