Test upgrade

AH 10.2 is a “MAJOR” release which means’ you’ll have a whole new deployment / app server etc you can do all that without affecting your production at all.

1 Like

Gotcha, so I can just install it, and I can be the only one using it until it works correctly, correct?

yeah

How crazy do you think it will be to go from 10.1.400.29 to 10.2?

Not crazy at all just test test test test :slight_smile:
Also I would recommend you wait till the 2nd or 3rd biweekly release of 10.2 to go live

2 Likes

Has anyone seen a schedule on locally hosted version of 10.2 release?

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. For us, we have purposely kept our system with minimal customization. So, I’m hoping that makes it much easier. I’m a little interested in the Epicor Data Analytics piece, but can’t find info on it yet.

I was told the end of November it should be coming out, after the cloud.

If I said When it’s ready would you throw things at me?

1 Like

1 Like

Don’t make me pull over…

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Eda

And everything is working in 10.3!! Right out of the gate, dreams will come true. 10.3 is the answer to all of our fears and troubles.

DrMcCoyMeme

2 Likes

2 Likes

If I need to test 10.2.400.x and the current version is 10.2.200.15, what steps do you recommend?
Can these be on the same App Server?
As long as we are willing to have 2 client machines (or have it update the client each time I switch), is there an issue?
Are there specific steps not outlined in the Install/Upgrade Documents?

Same machine should be fine
There’s nothing I can think of in terms of not being outlined in the docs. One thing I would recommend is if /when you do-decide to upgrade an instance to wipe out the entire instance and re-create it.
the web.config sometimes doesn’t merge cleanly.

For testing, we are creating a new Instance (Epicor10Upgrade, for example).
Are you saying that our Epicor10Live, Epicor10Pilot, etc should be deleted (not the DB obviously) and recreated when we are ready to upgrade? This means we would simply select the version during the recreation, right?

Right instead of upgrading (the app server) I would delete it and re-create it.

1 Like

Because Epicor likes to reuse terminology, which App Server are we talking about? ErpApp has Epicor10Live, Epicor10Pilot, etc.

hahah ok

I am referring to AppServerInstance(Live,PilotTest,etc)
My bad

Stupid terminology overlap

1 Like