TableGuid?

Hi,

I am trying to report a system report (OpenPO) from the report webpage but it is asking for a TableGuid. Where do I get it?

Thank you,

Daniel

From what I hear, depends on your version of Epicor. I am currently running 10.1.500.23 and I get it from the System Monitor. After you run a report successfully, open system monitor. Go to Reports tab and scroll right to last column (FileName). Expand the column and the guid is the stuff after 'REPORT DATABASE: '.

I have read for later versions, it doesn’t save the GUID after the report completes unless you tell it to Archive for a day.

2 Likes
  1. Print/print preview the report and select an Archive Period of Day.
  2. Open your System Monitor from the Notification Tray (looks like a blue hamburger to me).
  3. On the Report tab, find the report that you just printed/print previewed. Go to the end of the row and find the FileName column.
  4. Drag the FileName column to a different location other than last, and expand it. GUID is in the FileName column.
2 Likes

Thank you, that worked.

But then it seems that this name is randomly generated at each execution, am I correct?

I was trying to create a SSRS subscription to email the report automatically but it looks like it is going to be difficult…

Thank you,

Daniel

Correct; it is designed to be random.

You can schedule the report to run at a fixed time and send the report in PDF/Excel/etc format via email automatically via the Advanced Print Routing (APR) module all within Epicor. Do you own the APR module?

Great, now every time I look at my system monitor, I’m hungry for a hamburger… :slight_smile:

image image

Nope, I don;t have this module…

Less graceful way.

1. Create a System Agent schedule that executes at the time you wish to process the report/have the email sent out.
  2. On the print window of the report in question, select the Schedule you just created in step 1.

3. Click the print button. If presented with a client-side/server-side selection, select Server-side.
4. On the Printer Settings tab, select a printer.

NOTE: this process assumes you want to still print something. You can get fancy and create a NUL printer so that when you print to it, nothing actually prints out which is what I would do in this situation.
5. On the E-mail tab, enter/select the particulars.
6. Click OK.

It’s less graceful because we are still “printing” something (even if it is to a NUL printer), but, if you don’t have APR it still a good option to automate the rendering of a report in a certain format and have it send that report via email.

Thank you. I will explore this option.

Daniel