SSRS Scheduled Jobs to clean up report tables

That sounds like a job for SQL profiler :grinning:

In my Epicor 10.1.400.16 environment, I see only three rows remaining from the Ice.sysRptLst table. Which should be gone by 15:54:34 today:

With regard to the list error message in the Event Log, I did not see such a Error about unable to purge the target folder files.

Thanks for the clarification Bart. I’ve setup a SQL Query that will clear the old tables from the Report database older than the archive period on the Task Agent (in our case 2 days). I’d be happy to show it to you if you think it’d help.

I used @asmar’s query to check for orphans in the ICE table every so often:

Select * from Ice.SysRptLst where (CreatedOn <= GETDATE() - 2) order by CreatedOn

1 Like

Blanket approach is always a concern but hopefully that is safe for your domain. I REALLY want to know how these these are getting missed. We had an issue internally with SaaS and still have not found the smoking gun - still monitoring. I can go off and build out a new subsystem but would like to justify that against other needs (Want to see my Backlog? sigh).

Ideas always welcome!

2 Likes

Thank you Randy and Bart.

Seems to work as it’s excluding anything under two days old and other needed tables. We have a backup of the Reports database just in case however. I’ll try to email you.

2 Likes

“SQL Profiler” sounds like the newest CSI or NCIS spinoff. :wink:

2 Likes

Or a character in the next TRON.

2 Likes