SSRS Root Folder Problems

I gotcha. SO I created aa new folder and named it after my root folder in the config. TIme to re-deploy. Pray this works! I am tired!

1 Like

Hopefully the lesson learned is don’t do anything on a Friday and especially not on a Friday night :slight_smile:

No choice, boss won’t let me do much during the week as he is worried it will stop production.

Oh management :slight_smile:

1 Like

Didn’t work. Sigh…Any ideas why I can see it via the webpage and not in the report server?

Note, I also updated my SQL to the newest patch fo rmy version.

You’re looking at the correct server right? I dunno man I’m about to call it a night and suggest you do too. Clarity will come in the morning

Yeah, I agree. I’m beat anyway, been a long week. But yeah, I believe I am at the right server. Thanks! And ahve a great night.

1 Like

Also when re-creating the appserver I get this error: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80020009): Exception occurred. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80020009 (DISP_E_EXCEPTION)). then you run it again and it works. Yet it doesn’t work correctly as for running reports. I went back and turned on the windows firewall, made sure task was stopped and the app pool was stopped, changed the name of the SSRS data base and it actually worked correctly as far as importing while creating the app server. However, it is still pointing in the wrong direction.

Finally got the reports into the right folder, my root folder finally appeared. However, now i am getting a Invalid Object error when running reports. I have tried several times copying my custom folder over, and to no avail.

what was your root folder?

Ah, this was a BIG mess for me lat year. Epicor had been installed here, prior to my employment, with no root folder. So when I updated and did everything, it caused an issue. I had to create a root folder, copy everything over and then everything worked. Learned a lot form this episode.