SSRS reports Backup for new release update- 10.1.600.4 to 10.1.600.18

We are going to update new release 10.1.600.4 to 1.01.600.18. we are having some modified existing SSRS reports on the current server. How i can backup them or save them from upgrading with new reports coming in new release ?
Any help ?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hello Prakash,

Probably the best way is through Solution Workbench. Note, if you’re an MT or DT SaaS user (i.e., clients that update from an FTP site) on 10.1+, there is no way currently to upload solutions. (PRB0087852)

Mark W.

KB KB0029144: SSRS - Moving a custom/modified SSRS RDL from one database to another

It goes through the process of exporting and importing using both process that @Mark_Wonsil mentions–Solution Workbench (for all versions of Epicor 10.x for on-premise customers) and via Report Style Maintenance (for all versions of Epicor 10.1+ for on-premise and Cloud customers).

That being said, as long as the custom reports are in the \CustomReports folder in SSRS(which all custom reports created using native Epicor reporting functionality like BAQ reports or duplicated copies of a base Epicor report are located automatically), then the update will not touch them.

Another way to preserve all reports would be to backup the ReportServer database in SQL Management Studio as the reports are actually records within that database.

@Mark_Wonsil:
I have installed the many solutions but not yet created any single :stuck_out_tongue:
Here is a new solution entry i have done…saved the those necessary SSRS reports in solution…shoul i build the solution ?

The Build solution option is grayed out… what is the next
Thanks…

@aidacra : I just want to backup of standard SSRS reports to be consider in backup . When i will update the new release,newer SSRS with same name will override the existing standard SSRS reports and few reports are are required from new release.

Thanks

You should consider manually exporting your SSRS custom report(s) dedicated folder(s) to dedicated file system folders. Once the upgrade is completed. You will need to review the corresponding generic reports and sub-reports and copy them to your custom SSRS folder. Once you determine which report has been upgraded then you will need to re-customize the report accordingly this may include the coping the generic data definition to the custom data definition.

1 Like

I agree. We had a much easier time starting with the 10.2 RDD and then adding our changes to it and then testing the custom reports.

Mark W.

yes…actually i was in thinking on same…so i have exported the required reports and its sub reports in the hard drive, also i have tested this reports after upgrading and Importing,are running without any error on the TEST server successfully.